Is this a Programmer fault?

Softus.
Thank you.

Do you think that the multi-meter will reveal the problem sufficiently?

Sponsored Links
No, I know that it will reveal the problem with certainty.

But you have to know what to do with it, and how to do it safely.

Worry ye not - once you get into it, and with help from this forum, it will be more straightforward that you think.

Sponsored Links
Softus/Mike.

I have managed to sort this problem finally - it turns out that it WAS the programmer which was causing the problem (a DRAYTON LP112).

A pal of mine who is an electrician called today and changed this component and the fault seems to have disappeared.
Obviously something had gone awry within the programmer unit itself which prevented the HW "kicking in" when programmed to do so and also affecting the cylinder stat from controlling the HW temperature.

We simply changed the programmer over, like for like (another £40), and the system worked perfectly (touch wood!).

Obviously an object lesson in testing for an electrical fault first and foremost with this type of problem before getting stuck into changing valves and stats.

I don't know if this particular brand and model of programmer has any sort of similar "history " attached to it. If so, then here's another disgruntled customer who has cause to complain about it ( it was installed only 2 years ago).

Regards to you both and thanks again for your assistance. I will most certainly be querying my invoices about this matter.

glad you got it sorted, as for history of faults on this model I find the most common fault is probably the display going blank, but on the whole most programmers are pretty reliable

The display on the LP112 is somewhat delicate - I've seen many that have shown themselves up as lamentably weak when struck by a door or smacked by a falling broom handle. Drayton really should make them more robust. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back