Is this a safe install for spot lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all could anybody help me, i want to install 4 spot lights in one of my upstairs bedrooms i have recognised my lighting circuit to be a loop in circuit in the loft.
Can i connect the mains and the switch cable to a 4 way junction box, then connect 2 spurs off of the 4 way box and on each of those spurs connect a 3 way box, and connect 2 spot lights per 3 way box.
I have drawn a picture using microsoft paint but dont no how to publish it to this forum.

Sponsored Links
What you are proposing sounds Ok. Make sure you label all your wires up correctly before you remove the original fitting.
You could also use only one JB and loop into the lamps individually using connector strip in chock boxes but this is just an alternative method. Most JB's only have four wire slots and you will need mains in, mains out, lamp out and switch.
Check the 'for reference' for diagrams if stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back