Is this a TT Supply ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought i'd check............ :)

TTSupply.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yeah, no earth from the service head and a main RCD

Looks like you have a PME earthing terminal, might be worth a call to your rec to see if you can use it (checking that their neutral is of high enough integrity and tied down to earth enough), and once you get the go ahead from them, then give it a quick test with an EFLI tester to make sure its actually connected inside the cutout.

Or just leave it as TT :)

TNS Supply, but hopefully has a rod somewhere as the earth terminal is missing a cable!

That's a 100ma RCCB too.

Is there an additional 30ma anywhere?

Sponsored Links
DEFFINANTLY TT at the moment! Assuming you have a rod somewhere.....otherwise it's an old school system with water-main earthing, or a dodgy spark leaving the rod out......to many of them around.

The head does look like a TT - The consentric cable looks like a 16mm split-con(TN-S) type, or a 25mm straight-con(TN-C-S). Very rare to see a 25mm service, so am leaning towards TN-S.

I also lean more towards TN-S than PME/TN-C-S, as PME heads usually have the earth terminal closer to the neutral, and the terminal is also enclosed, not exposed. This is true for the WPD area atleast.

How can you tell that the grey stuff isn't 10mm Hep2o?

Softus said:
How can you tell that the grey stuff isn't 10mm Hep2o?

because they don't use that to seal the cut out. It's a standard meter seal. Honest :LOL:

EFLI check sometimes gives the game away as to the system type...

Thanks for all your replies............ :LOL:

There are a couple of earth rods.New shower/fuse board to be fitted in the future,so my Uncle who is a qualified spark will be testing out the system before work commences.

Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back