Is this bad plastering look at my pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a new kitchen fitted and where the electricians had made holes in the ceiling we asked for the ceiling to be re skimmed, the builder told us this was not necessary and they could just do the patches where the holes were, so his plasterer did. I don't think the plastering was done very well!!! does anyone agree or is this normal??

They charged us £285 to patch up 4 holes and a foot wide strip running through the middle of the room's ceiling, is this reasonable or not??

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5920993

Sponsored Links
lorrainemoffatt said:
I recently had a new kitchen fitted and where the electricians had made holes in the ceiling we asked for the ceiling to be re skimmed, the builder told us this was not necessary and they could just do the patches where the holes were, so his plasterer did. I don't think the plastering was done very well!!! does anyone agree or is this normal??

They charged us £285 to patch up 4 holes and a foot wide strip running through the middle of the room's ceiling, is this reasonable or not??

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5920993[/QUOTE]

oh my god you paid £285 for that im sorry but you got riped off and that was no plasterer belive me.it should not cost over £200 to scim over the whole ceiling

regards
onion

The price youve been changed is a total rip off & the quality (joke!) of the work is appaling, even by DIY standards; my wife & probably my cat can plaster better than that!

Sponsored Links
I can plaster better than that, and believe me that's saying something. Rubbish job.

Lorraine, I've had some plastering done today (a large previously sandtexed ceiling and a large wall). It cost me slightly more than the figure you quoted but there's no comparison in the quality. All my surfaces look like polished pink glass. So, yes, I agree with everyone else. Complain.

Rubbish. It should be perfect.

He is a professional builder and owes you a decent job. Report him to Trading Standards.

joe-90 said:
He is a professional builder and owes you a decent job. Report him to Trading Standards.

He's obviously not "a professional builder", just someone who describes his "profession" as building!

Jesus! That's a shocking plastering job! Get him back and make him rectify it. Well, make him get a proper plasterer in.

I would've skimmed the whole ceiling for less than that!

Regards

fred

NickStone said:
All my surfaces look like polished pink glass.

Which is also a tad annoying 'cos you have to break the surface up a bit to get the paint to stick to it. :(

Eddie M said:
NickStone said:
All my surfaces look like polished pink glass.

Which is also a tad annoying 'cos you have to break the surface up a bit to get the paint to stick to it. :(

Well, perhaps glass is a slight exaggeration, Eddie. They do look beautifully smooth, though.

We had our whole bathroom plastered (admittedly it's not big) including bonding and skimming for £160 and it was a near perfect job.

Thermo said:
did they use the kitchen spatula to do it? :eek:

Don't be silly :rolleyes: they used a twig :LOL: thats shocking :eek: when it comes to this type of work you are either an sparky/plumber/plaster/joiner, you can't be good at all of the above, if anyone claims to be then they are talking ****e :LOL:

Fecus.....Feacass........Faecum....I studied Scatology@ the Open Uni :mad: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back