Is this country going to the dogs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Certainly seems like it has!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8287173.stm

Read it earlier and started to panic.
Break it down
awarded £3,500 for indirect discrimination and £6,500 for harassment after suffering psychological damage, injury to feelings and personal injury

What is 'indirect discrimination', either you are dicriminated against or you aint. He wasn't.

He was told to take his 'hat' off for safety during riot training, so where does the 'psychological damage, injury to feelings' come into it.

He would have suffered 'personal injury' if he didn't take it off and went into a real riot situation.

He said he suffered panic attacks, stress and palpitations and had to go off sick from work over the issue
because he was told to take his turbine off.
What would he have suffered if he was told to go and face a mob of Milwall supporters?

Pc Singh is still employed by the force on "recuperative duties" but hopes to return to full operational duties.

He can't hack it, so would you want him 'up front' protecting you against armed robbers.

He joined the BRITISH Police Force so should abide by the Force's rules or get the f**k out.

Sponsored Links
Trouble is the easy thing to say would be ok go in with no helmet your responsible.
But when he goes down like a sack off sh#te after being bricked, it puts 2 or 3 others in danger dragging him out.

This is the kind of case that makes employers not want to take on ethnic minorities. There's too much risk of stuff like this happening.

He went into the police force knowing full well there would be a requirement to vary headwear from time to time. So why moan about it and claim discrimination? Take all the money back and put up some more CCTV near my shop. :rolleyes:

Its like someone with a back problem (and a medical card stating this) getting a job in a shop. There will be long periods standing up, there will be heavy lifting. All in the job description. She got the job and played merry hell when she had to put deliveries away and move heavy boxes etc. Wouldn't do it. What ferking use is she? But we as her employers have to make reasonable adjustments, because its classed as a disability. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i personally think they should'nt have paid a penny and,, he should have took his turban off for safety reasons.

but being a sikh he has very long hair so he would have had to chop that an all :eek: then he would have a problem.

when any religion compromises safety , it is regarded as oppressive and put's people in situation's like this.

religion's are supposed to be a good way of life and hygenic :confused:

This whole country went to the dogs a long time ago when we started changing laws for immigrants

i think it started with sikhs being allowed to ride motorbikes without crash helmets (see only fools and horses crash turbin episode)

now its no cross on hot cross buns

cant sing ba ba black sheep

cant call it christmas its winterville

cant have a christmas tree at work incase it offends

cant send christmas cards

cant have nativity plays at school

no easter bunny

well it offends my culture when a scummy foreigner comes here pays no contributions bleeds the pot dry sends it all back for the eight wives and god knows how many kids claims all sorts of benefits and claims racism at every bloody opertunity!!!!!

i am not in the least bit religious as i think its all brainwashing and cause for hatred but these no -users really make my blood boil.

i dont think voting bnp would do any good.

this mob dont have any real policies cos the know the will never get into power.

just an excuse to wave a union jack and shout Ennguuurluund

the whole benefit system needs an overhaul

you dont see these problems in France or Spain they all want to come here cos we are soft as shhhiiiiiyyyyiiiittteeee (Liam Gallagher style)

I have lots of black friends and chinese and italian but i have never heard them complain of anything like the above oh i missed out lot's of hindus and muslim friend's .

who in there right mind would say i dont want a hot cross bun because it has a cross on it??unless he's a crazed fanatic.

only a crazy few would do/have the above objections.

i go abroad on holiday and the foreigner's i see there regularly insult and disregard and offend the locals sometime knowingly and sometimes unknowingly.
the locals however are very tolerant as they know the people are ignorant of their culture/relegion.

however i'm still not condoning behavior above but have to say all people are not the same, (there are bad apples in every race/religion)

i agree with you there are a lot of foreigner's putting great contribution's in to the "pot" but then there are exceptions .

do elaborate on your beautifully presented arguement :!:

now its no cross on hot cross buns

cant sing ba ba black sheep

cant call it christmas its winterville

cant have a christmas tree at work incase it offends

cant send christmas cards

cant have nativity plays at school

no easter bunny

None of the above is true. Elaborate enough?

i also have friends from different cultures,they dont bother me.

its the ones that take over an entire areas,and i mean ENTIRE areas.
try and change laws,dont try and speak the language and dont intergrate and claim racism all the bloody time and walk about like bloddy darth vader all the time.My nephew thought 1 was a ninja :D

i also have friends from different cultures,they dont bother me.

its the ones that take over an entire areas,and i mean1. ENTIRE areas.
try 2. and change laws,dont try and speak the language and dont intergrate and claim racism all the bloody time and walk about like bloddy darth vader all the time.My nephew thought 1 was a ninja :D

though our concerns are common they differ on points like 1.and 2. above, for starter's ,, 1. they feel "safer" ie they feel they have less chance of getting death threat's and ham and **** through the letter box's etc.(could go on from stories told) 2. they generally are law abiding but for a small element who drink and take drugs and a few fanatics(above)

as walking like vader they think us in the west walk about almost naked :oops: they have asked me about what a thong is and why it's acceptable . i could'nt answer with anything valid :confused: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back