Is this country going to the dogs?

Sponsored Links
Im sorry but I have to totally miss informed bigotted views so far put forward.

tested in law, a Sikh has a legal right to wear his turban, it was deemed that it was a sustitute for a crash helmet.

these people like the ghurkars are honoured here due to their sacrafice during the wars.

i go abroad on holiday and the foreigner's i see there regularly insult and disregard and offend the locals sometime knowingly and sometimes unknowingly.
the locals however are very tolerant as they know the people are ignorant of their culture/relegion.

hardly the same as living there :eek:

as for a turban replacing a crash hat(i remember the test case ) now that could be an interesting case if said wearer was coshed

then what

ive got nothing against anybody but the way i see it you want to live in another country you go the whole hog not just the bits you like

and then start shouting racism or persecution at the bits you dont :idea:

Sponsored Links
i go abroad on holiday and the foreigner's i see there regularly insult and disregard and offend the locals sometime knowingly and sometimes unknowingly.
the locals however are very tolerant as they know the people are ignorant of their culture/relegion.

hardly the same as living there :eek:

as for a turban replacing a crash hat(i remember the test case ) now that could be an interesting case if said wearer was coshed

then what

i've got nothing against anybody but the way i see it you want to live in another country you go the whole hog not just the bits you like

and then start shouting racism or persecution at the bits you don't :idea:

i'm talking mainly about settled folk!

and what about the forced democracy we are trying to install in the war

countries as we speak :eek: isn't that worse or is that just helping the

poor foreigner's to become civilised??
but we don't want to talk about that it'll show our other face :mad:

Im sorry but I have to totally miss informed bigotted views so far put forward.

tested in law, a Sikh has a legal right to wear his turban, it was deemed that it was a sustitute for a crash helmet.

Must correct you:

According to the Sikhi Wiki the sikh is allowed to ride a motor cycle wearing a turban instead of a crash helmet, as you so rightly pointed out, and on a constuction site he is also allowed to wear a turban instead of a hard hat, but there is no mention in law that he is exempt from wearing a helmet when performing riot squad duties. Unless, of course, they are dealing with a riot on a construction site.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Turban,_UK_Legislation_Regarding_its_use_by_Sikhs
The following is a list of legislation in the UK which has a bearing on the right of a Sikh to wear the Turban.
Construction Site

Q. Should you refuse employment to a turban-wearing Sikh who refuses to wear a safety helmet on a construction site?

Where employees, or potential employees have particular cultural and religious needs which conflict with existing work requirements, it is recommended that employers should consider whether it is reasonably practical to vary or adapt these requirements to enable these needs to be met. For example, it is recommended that they should not refuse employment to a turbaned Sikh because he could not comply with unjustifiable uniform requirements.
S11 of the Employment Act 1989 exempts turban-wearing Sikhs from any requirements to wear safety helmets on a construction site. Where a turban-wearing Sikh is injured on a construction site liability for injuries is restricted to the injuries that would have been sustained if the Sikh had been wearing a safety helmet.
Not a single mention about riot squads.

I recall the turban case but don't remember the judgment stating a turban being a suitable substitute for a crash helmet how could it as one would offer less protection than a saucepan. As I recall the court recognized the Sheiks religious obligation to wear a turban and in other cases the right to refuse to cut their hair and the right to carry a ceremonial knife/sword(cant think of the name).

I thought that the Police had suitable headgear for Sheiks to wear now that met their RO but offered real protection too. I am surprised that a Police trainer tried to force him to remove the turban given the likely reaction.

Should we the tax payer be forced to pay for a persons hurt feelings? whether it's for being an ethnic minority, disabled, sexual orientation or alternative lifestyle choice,in my opinion, definitely not. A vast industry has built up around perceived slights and hurt feelings many claim knowing full well they are likely to receive a small lottery win. It is costing us all a fortune and spreading in will while lining the pockets of the mostly undeserving victims :rolleyes: or professional money chasers :evil:
Do these claims really have much to do with race?. are we racists because we object to both the claim and payout?.

i'm talking mainly about settled folk!

wasn't what you said

and what about the forced democracy we are trying to install in the war

countries as we speak icon_eek.gif

the war is a different subject
isn't that worse or is that just helping the

poor foreigner's to become civllised??

if they want to become "civillised" as you put it so be it so be it i ain't got a problem
if they wan't to be westernised then try and cherry pick the bits of western culture that suit them then i have a problem .
can you sorta convert to islam ??
but we don't want to talk about that it'll show our other face icon_mad.gif[

by all means talk about it but start another thread it has nothing to do with this one ;)

[quote="kevplumb";p="1358335

can you sorta convert to islam ??
why would you want to sort of do it, that means being a hypocrite does'nt it ;)

by all means talk about it but start another thread it has nothing to do with this one ;)[/quote]

naah, it's been done to hell :p excuse the pun ;)

we all the the truth deep down, don't we :D

newgas said:
why would you want to sort of do it, that means being a hypocrite does'nt it icon_wink.gif

so why sorta convert to westernism exept the bits that you don't like whats that if not hypocrisy :?:

newgas said:
why would you want to sort of do it, that means being a hypocrite does'nt it icon_wink.gif

so why sorta convert to westernism exept the bits that you don't like whats that if not hypocrisy :?:

hey your kinda right ,your kinda right, but i was talking theological hypocrisy , which i totally hate ;) not wearing the same clothe's or speaking similar or eating similar.

hypocrisy of the highest order my man kev. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back