Is this inner garage wall load bearing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1000006522.jpg
1000006525.jpg

Hello

I am wanting make a walk in utility from the kitchen into my garage. The inner skin of the garage is insulated and the joists run from side to side on the property. I can see the inner wall is load bearing as it continues to the next floor and the joists are bedded into the wall structure .

The house is 3 stories for reference.

No other internal walls are double skinned and are single skinned. I want to remove the inner skin I am pointing at by 1.8m.

The joists are supported by the inner "core of" the building as far as I can see and the garage partition where the door wants to be is none supporting either.

Any help would be appreciated

Mike

Sponsored Links
Sorry. Hard to tell from your pics. A plan view sketch might help if you can upload one.

Sorry. So the are in question is circled yellow.

The other picture is essentially how the joists run (600mm centres) and the red represents the steels that are in place now.

On the upper picture the wall behind my finger is the wall in question. It is the inner skin of the garage wall. I think it is only there for fire & insulation regs. The wall in which the joist is bedded is where the stairs are, so the inner core of the building.
Screenshot_20240416-210708~3.png
Screenshot_20240416-210708~4.png

Last edited:
You need to include the 1st floor plan to illustrate if any of it's walls are supported by the section you wish to remove.
That crack running in front of your hand is interesting as there has obviously been some load on the block

Sponsored Links
Tha
On the upper picture the wall behind my finger is the wall in question. It is the inner skin of the garage wall. I think it is only there for fire & insulation regs. The wall in which the joist is bedded is where the stairs are, so the inner core of the building.

At a minimum, it is providing support for the joints of the landing floor, but what is above that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back