Is this Price good????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Looking for help to see if I have a fair quote or not.

I have about 100 M2 of skimming on Plasterboard to be done, all walls - standard room stuff, all boarded and taped ready for plaster coat.
I have been quoted at £12 a M2 (inc materials). When I questioned this price I was told that only about 20 M2 a day is possible hence £240 a day
less material as labour.
Now I don't think £200 day an unreasonable amount, but it's the amount of M2 a day I question.
I would have thought a good plasterer would do more than that in a day?
Or am I off the mark?

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
a good plasterer can do 100m a day, 20m is only two bags so its not a lot for the day maybe £6 per metre sounds fairer, if you were given the price of £1200 it might sound different to £12m, but 20 metres a day is very slow and i wouldnt let them anywere near it. Its not 5 days work but they have to justify the price some how.

Crikey! 100M a day - that's going some. I'll take your advice and NOT
entertain the 20M a day merchant.

Can I take it that around 50M - 60M a day would be the average and as you say £6 a M2........ I assume this is inc of material But VAT on top?

Thanks - you've probably saved me a few bob

on site your looking at about £2-£3 per metre labour only but theres loads to go at and no stress. Private works different, looking,pricing,materials, picking them up, insurance and so on. What would put me off them guys is 20m a day, if you look at that thats probably one ceiling or a couple of walls a day, i dont know how you could drag 20m out in a day.

Sponsored Links
I'm not a plasterer but spent years in building environment with my father and with BTelecom, so the answer is you're being ripped off don't touch them with a barge pole they might want £100 to plaster that.

£1200 for 5days work that should take 2days @ £40.92 for 11 25kg bags of plaster that's an awful lot of labour charge.
Yes £240 is a fair price over 2days max.
Get at least 3more estimates and ask what work they've done.

I'm ex jobbing builder who passed on work out of my capability and was too honest that's why I'm a poor 64 10mths and 16 days old retired man.
FOR THOSE CRITICS thinking 'Ex cowboy' I wasn't a cowboy if I was I wouldn't be skint. When established, all of my work after the 1st two years was by recomendation only, I never had to advertise. And most pensioners jobs were done a little over cost price to cover stamp and tax.

greengrass we could do with more like you.

I paid £350 for 2 People to plasterboard 2 ceilings at 32sqm and 1 at 8sqm so 40 sqm with boarding/plastering and making a artex swirl like pattern.

Hi,

I'm in Poole and I can quote you half that day rate and if it's just the walls I'll have it done in 2 days. Add a day if you want the ceiling done aswell!

Please read Forum rules 13 ;)

Sorry :oops:

markvirgo said:
greengrass we could do with more like you.

I paid £350 for 2 People to plasterboard 2 ceilings at 32sqm and 1 at 8sqm so 40 sqm with boarding/plastering and making a artex swirl like pattern.
What d`you expect for middle sex :LOL: :LOL: Sussex is the hidden poor county........been here all my sad life :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back