Is this quote reasonable ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been quoted the following to have some internal doors fitted. The joiner was recommended by a well know joinery supplier. The quote seems to by very expensive, can anyone in the trade tell me if the quote is reasonable?

4 panel pine solid door with handle,latch and hinges £182.37 fitted

4 panel pine solid door with handle, bathroom lock and thumb turn, hinges
£228.45 fitted

Glazed French doors with pair maker, 2x set of handles, 6x hinges, latch kit and flush bolt, 2x glazed panels on frame replaced with new glazing. £ 860.52 fitted

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Get other quotes, preferably by recommendation by friends or neighbours ,
High Cost Workmanship does not necessarily mean good workmanship,
Its possible this person is being sub contracted by the Joinery Firm and they are adding a percentage for retaining him

It's including the doors presumably? Assuming it is the cost is irrelevant if you don't tell us what standard of doors are being fitted.

I am not a carpenter, but the first 2 in particular does not seem particularly expensive.
But without knowing the quality or value of the doors and hardware, it is impossible to say. In addition, we have no concept of location - London and South Sheilds, for example, are likely to have different labour values

Sponsored Links
Price sounds good to me, for a decent/good-quality finished job, maybe even suspiciously low, will you be getting good quality pine and hardware for that? I doubt it includes finishing (which if exterior will be important)? Will the glazing be 'safety glass'?

I was quoted 8k including VAT recently for supply and fit 100m of fancy skirting and 8 new fire doors to existing 19th century frames. We got it done for a lot less but the finish probably short of what we would have gotten from the 8k quote company

Back