Isar HE24 Noisy????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just re-signed up for an account. I've not been on here for donkeys. Partly due to being busy a while back and more lately to being out of action due to illness. Its been so long in fact, I forgot my password and when I tried to reclaim it, the email account I had used all that time ago when I signed up, is now redundant so I've had to sign up for a new one!

Anyway, here's one for you. This isn't anything to do with me. I am a member of another forum (for bargains, deals etc at various retailers), and someone has asked for help with this.

Here we go.... The woman has just had a ISAR HE24 fitted in an airing cupboard previously occupied by the hot water storage cylinder which was fed by a Back Boiler. She feels the new boiler is VERY noisy. She has posted 2 videos of the Boiler in action on youtube. I have listened to the videos and my personal opinion is that the sound is normal for this boiler but some of the old Sage's on here might know different.

The links are:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-4c5neGYCfw
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2Na1U8ikV14

The second one is with Heating on. She describes the sounds as being like an Aeroplane and Very Noisy... Your thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Is it a vertical flue ? If it is check the inner flue is pushed fully home in all joints and is well supported.

Is it a vertical flue ? If it is check the inner flue is pushed fully home in all joints and is well supported.

Don't know gigz but i'll ask her. probably be tomorrow now mate.

On a side note, where you at in Tyne & Wear? I'm in Whitley Bay.

Sunny Sunderland (dont mention footy) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
thanks keepup, thought i should sign up and speak for myself rather than you having to spend toing and froing

The flue goes up into and out of the roof, not sure what i am looking for, sorry just a mere mortal :oops:

thanks keepup, thought i should sign up and speak for myself rather than you having to spend toing and froing

The flue goes up into and out of the roof, not sure what i am looking for, sorry just a mere mortal :oops:

We'll have to stop meeting like this :)

Sounds about normal for an Isar to me.

Exactly what noise do you think should not be there?

I know boilers make noises etc, but not that loud, if this was placed in my kitchen like some are there is no way this would be an acceptable level of noise for a boiler, have been to a friends today who has a combi and all you hear is hers fire up, no other noises (and hers is oldish) also my sisters is in her airing cupboard and even when on you cant here nothing, even when you open the cupboard its so quiet, expected a new combi boiler to by nigh on silent after listening to my back boiler, yet this is probably 4 times as noisy :confused:

hopefully when the sparky comes to wire up the controls he will have heard 100's of these and will hopefully be able to tell me if this is normal, as he is nothing to do with the company that installed it so has nothing to lose by saying yes its normal or no it isnt, if it is normal then its something i will have to live with in the winter

was this a boiler fitted under the staywarm /eager grant system?.sounds like a very slight leak on the flue n air trapped in pump.amazingly some plumbers dont know how to bleed them pumps.n sorry but bad choice of boiler

was this a boiler fitted under the staywarm /eager grant system?.sounds like a very slight leak on the flue n air trapped in pump.amazingly some plumbers dont know how to bleed them pumps.n sorry but bad choice of boiler

yes it was, so had no choice, but seriously wishing ide stayed with back boiler now

well rest assured it will get resolved with it being goverment work it has to be inspected and passed.was it darfield or on tap ?

well rest assured it will get resolved with it being goverment work it has to be inspected and passed.was it darfield or on tap ?

im not sure whether it does get inspected, i have heard many dont, and doubt a noisy boiler will be of any worry to anyone, other than me :cry:

darfield or tap? sorry dont know what you mean

they all get inspected just they run very late behind the installers.i ment which company installed the boiler. am one of the inspectors so know it will be looked at eventualy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back