Islamic bidet spray attachments?

Sponsored Links
Nope your "bum gravy" can find its way into the main supply given the right circumstances.

Sponsored Links
I thought all properties have to have a 'back-flow' thing fitted where the mains enter the house, I know I have one fitted.
Not required and even if you have one, it will not be suitable for Cat5 fluids and would do nothing for the other water outlets in the building even if it was.

I thought all properties have to have a 'back-flow' thing fitted where the mains enter the house, I know I have one fitted.
Not to a sufficiently high level for this kind of fluid protection they don't - in-line backflow protection is maximum Category 3 water, bidets with this kind of attachment require Category 5 protection

Fluid Category 5

Fluid which represents a serious health hazard because of the concentration of pathogenic organisms, radioactive or very toxic substances, including any fluid which contains –

faecal material or other human waste:

butchery or other animal waste: or

pathogens from any other source.

Description given in Schedule 1: of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations and Scottish Water Byelaws

seperate supply from break tank suppling just the spray head, never seen one installed like this though.

Cat 5 requires an air gap. A pipe interrupter is should be ok for cat 5: IIRC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back