Isolator Switch

Thank you for all your replies very much appreciated even Riveralt,s efforts
The reason for my question was that a number of years ago before the advent of RCDs and MCBs I did the same job on a different garage and was advised to install a double pole isolator at the house end to isolate the cable going to the garage without disturbing the main fusebox switch

Sponsored Links
Thank you for all your replies very much appreciated even Riveralt,s efforts
The reason for my question was that a number of years ago before the advent of RCDs and MCBs I did the same job on a different garage and was advised to install a double pole isolator at the house end to isolate the cable going to the garage without disturbing the main fusebox switch

Surely you'd just pull the fuse out? :confused:

Surely you'd just pull the fuse out? :confused:

You are meant to isolate a board containing semi enclosed fuses before removing or inserting them, mostly due to the risk of inserting one against a fault and the action of the fuse not being properly contained, but also that if there is a load present, it can be a bit hairy :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back