it all started with a leaky radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, A few weeks ago my husband removed the radiator from the wall to do some decorating. Before removal the radiator worked perfectly fine. He then put the radiator back on the wall and it started to leak. A week later, him and his mate (who both know nothing about plumbing grrrr!!) decided they could fix the leak. Gaz was unscrewing something at the bottom of the pipe and all this really really hot water spurted everywhere. Mark then turned off the hot water and drained all the water out of the system so they could continue work on the radiator. After they both admitted they didn't know what they were doing, and I threatened divorce if they didn't get a plumber, Mark went back in the loft and fiddled with the hot water tank saying he had put the hot water back on. This all happened on Saturday morning and I still can't get any hot water 3 days later. For the first day Mark managed to convince me it took this long to heat up the water again, well, I don't think it takes 3 days. I think a plumber has been called but does anybody know what my husband has done?

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing that you have a gravity central heating system,if so sounds like a air-lock.Basically start again,turn off the main feed supply to the expansion tank,open up motorized valve to manual,drain down system again,when finish draining the water,shutdown your drain point open the radiator bleed valve nearest to the drain point, then open up the water supply to expansion tank,then bleed each radiator backward from the drain point,when finish put the motorized valve back to auto position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back