It pays to complain.

And again! Bought some more PG tips the other week. They were as weak as **** plus they tasted like a 50/50 blend of normal tea and Earl Grey - slightly perfumed. Complained again and got 8 quids worth of vouchers (4 X £2). Got a 25% bonus too when I did my shopping - the till supervisor rang up 5 £2 vouchers. Little things please little minds…….:rolleyes:

C4F5C6EA-D8A0-41A0-AF4F-2AA01F2869EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Some people complain all the time - I used to know somebody on Facebook who was forever complaining about everything she bought. Pays off!

Been complaining for months about a refund I was due with no luck. Yesterday I moaned on the company's Twitter account and I had my refund after just 38 minutes!

Had a result with TopCashback today. Been arguing with them since March over cashback not paid. Bought a £246 AA policy through them and they tried to fiddle me out of it. AA helped me and today I had confirmation from them that my £155 cashback claim is going to be paid. Result!
Same again this year. Bought a policy, they refused to cough up saying I hadn't bought through them. Had me doubting myself so I contacted the AA and they confirmed it was through TopCashback and gave me a reference number. Gone back to TopCashback with it and am now waiting for my £90 refund on a £160 policy.

Sponsored Links
Same again this year. Bought a policy, they refused to cough up saying I hadn't bought through them. Had me doubting myself so I contacted the AA and they confirmed it was through TopCashback and gave me a reference number. Gone back to TopCashback with it and am now waiting for my £90 refund on a £160 policy.

wonder how many people they con with that..... no doubt TCB get a kick back from the AA for enabling the sale of the policy

wonder how many people they con with that..... no doubt TCB get a kick back from the AA for enabling the sale of the policy
Quite often I would think. They tried the same trick with Mrs Mottie last year until I complained. I got on to the AA and they eventually stumped up. (You gotta be crafty as they won't pay out on renewals so we alternate as the policy holder on separate accounts each year:)).

00787EC4-4DDD-4B73-9477-5A94E3BB2E93.jpeg

Mottie could give Martin Lewis a run for his money.
A few years ago i got a letter from a company saying that they could claim back credit card PPI payments.
I phoned them and they said they would send me an agreement to sign.
When i read the agreement it said that the company would take 30% plus VAT of any money they claimed on my behalf from the Credit card companies, they was also a proviso, that in the event of me not being entitled to any money back, i still would have to pay them a fee for their time making the claim, that was the bit about the deal i didn't like.
I then came across the Martin Lewis site MSE, Martin Lewis explained that you could claim back PPI yourself very easily in just 3 steps using letter templates which could be downloaded from his site.
I downloaded the letter templates, i only had to fill in my name and address and account numbers, the legal jargon and relevant legal obligations of the credit card companies to respond to my requests were preprinted.
I sent the letters off one at a time, i eventually got a letter from one credit card company offering £1700 in final settlement, a few weeks later i got another letter from another Credit card company offering £365, I accepted both offers.
About 6 months later, the company that made the first offer sent me a letter saying they had made a miscalculation and that they were sending me another £145.
Even since then i go to Martin Lewis's site occasionally to have a look for a bargain.

Blimey the UK a nation of whingers and moaners

apparently on average according to some prog on the radio . The brits say sorry more times than other country

on average we say sorry 8 times a day

jeez us wept

no wonder there is a shortage of people that want to work in hospitality , having to listen to whingers & complainers

alot of these moaners should be told to go and do one imo

blimey I bet numerous people even go back into a pound shop complaining about some product

apparently on average according to some prog on the radio . The brits say sorry more times than other country

jeez us wept

no wonder there is a shortage of people that want to work in hospitality , having to listen to whingers & complainers

blimey I bet numerous people even go back into a pound shop complaining about some .

Last edited by a moderator:

jeez us wept

blimey I bet numerous people even go back into a pound shop complaining about some product
Yeah, terrible. Some people can't stop apologising.
D47E83A4-0CE8-44F4-8984-FDC386CECF12.jpeg

Sorry about that!

Received my confirmation that it's coming this morning. A nice crimbo present from TCB. :LOL:

Warburtons!

Thick sliced 'Toastie' loaf barely met the standards of a medium sliced loaf. Second week on the trot. A complaint has gone in!

B8870D0D-2465-46BE-AF04-6A69FD6CDEA8.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back