Italian Electrical Wiring

S

skwirrel

Hi

Just been staying in Italy and owner of property asked if I could sort out a multiple switch arrangement. I thought no problem until I remove first of three switches and the it appeared to be a double pole switch with two black and two orange wires being switched.

I am going back out there in a couple months with tools and meters so I can sort it out.

Advice would be most welcome.

Cheers

S

Sponsored Links
No, you aren't qualified. Learn to talk with people like you are permanently arguing and letch at everything without an Adam's Apple. Then, and only then, are you qualified to work like an Italian. ;)

OK, so that is a gross generalisation but it is as true as saying all Englishmen drink tea. I.e. 95% true. In my experience Italian women in Rome treat letching and wolf-whistling as a compliment, even from hairy sweaty builders. Strange but true.

Sponsored Links
You say this was one switch of three on a multi switch system,and appeared to be double pole?If all three swiches control the same light then this is obviosly an intermediate,which to the un electrically minded can appear to be double pole,did you look behind the other two swiches?Probably find them standard two ways......and to add to the other comments,you also need to dye your hair a very dark colour,grease it back,and learn to ride a moped with your feet on the handlebars.....

Back