Its drivng me mental !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a new codensor boiler & raidiators put in my house. All summer its been great, the other week I put the heating on for the Mrs to air off some clothes.....in the morning I dived in the shower and when it did not warm up I realised the pressure had dropped. I have read the internet and seen so many cause's leaks, air pressure release valve's etc....some one must know. I can top the boiler to to 1.5 bars and in the morning its on 0. Now if that much water is getting lost you think it would be easy to spot. This has been going on for 2 weeks so if the leak was upstairs surely there would be water signs on my ceilings and there is no sign downstairs or outside !!!! I have even had the pressure checked on he inside of the boiler. so today I have had all the rads downstairs isolated so only the rads upstairs work but I was wondering on your thoughts as its driving me mad. When you pay a few thosand pounds you expect it right............

Sponsored Links
is it leaking outside,
ie the overflow pipe ?

could be leaking in a downstairs underfloor cavity even with downstairs rad valves shut

Sponsored Links
Was this a full new ch install, or just rads and a boiler onto existing pipe work?

Pressurise the boiler to 1.5 Bar then isolate it from the ch system . If it has dropped by morning then it is a boiler problem. If it hasn't then it is a leak on the system somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back