It's getting a bit warm here

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope I don't get sent to hell for this...

I was reading the BBC News website and was reading this article:

David Blunkett said:
"I still hope this may be possible as I have not seen (A) since August. "

Is it wrong that I chuckled, just a little bit? :eek:

Sponsored Links
It would have been even funnier if he had been technically correct and said:

"I still hope this may be possible as I have not felt (A) since August. "

:LOL:

"It's been months since I last played with my little chap" :eek:

Last week he said all he had done was check the form was correctly filled in.

Sponsored Links
If only he could see the folly of his ways !! Or, there is non so blind as those who cannot see ... ?
How we all shrink from using the 'b' word ... Did the man in question shrink from another semi taboo .. dalliance with another's wife ? Even worse to drag the whole thing through public court over the product....
Not a gentleman in the old stoic British sense .. Just an old 'do as I say not as I do' - lefty !!
Probably therein lies the answer to the difference between politicians and mere mortals !
;)

pipme said:
Did the man in question shrink from another semi taboo .. dalliance with another's wife ?

Don't think that's the case in this age, Pip. Remember my grandfather quoting a joke from the old comedian, Max Miller:

"I came in and found my wife in a compromising position with plumber!...I said 'Gawd blimey...what d"yer think you're doing with the plumber?....it's the gardener we owe money to!'" ;)

I did say 'semi' maybe as in semi-detached .. detached peeps are far to well bred for such shenanegins !!
Perhaps the husband should, in true Brit style, challenge to a duel !! ;)

pipme said:
How we all shrink from using the 'b' word ...

Well, we wouldn't know if we were talking about father or child if we did!

To be fair to old Mr B, the pictures I have seen show her to be pretty good looking...

Yet more irony... :rolleyes: I really walked into that one!

Like Mr B into a cupboard at an NUT conference... :LOL:

Yup, I'm definitely heading downstairs one day... :eek:

chainsaw_masochist said:
.... Remember my grandfather quoting a joke from the old comedian, Max Miller:.... ;)

And he couldn't even walk properly or was it the tight(s) ? :D

Yeah, meant 'they' couldn't walk properly ... made a guess on how CM came by the name :rolleyes:

WOW! HOLD THE FRONT PAGE.........
Blunkett admits another affair.......

I didn't want to get into the "how did he have the luck?" or something similar, but I will only say he's got more choices than most!

" But I find it impossible to look on the mantlepiece as I stoke the fire !! So mistakes happen ! It is, rather difficult to tell one from another these days, but I shall not shrink from the task, I am working my way back to you babe ...."
The wild man of West-minster !

Well you can see in your minds eye cant you but anyway its a shame about politicians they just seem to lose the plot, power currupts and all that jazz remember the tories tho god thats scary.

Richardp said:
Well you can see in your minds eye cant you but anyway its a shame about politicians they just seem to lose the plot, power currupts and all that jazz remember the tories tho god thats scary.
Some would say old Blanket is giving it some, as befits a man wielding such power !!
The old Achilles heel of life - a liking for the other - does not come cheaply !!
P

Sponsored Links
Back