Its my birthday, and what a s**t present!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its that day again, the same one I have every year, but this year I got the key of the door and a wad of cash! oh and lets not forget the flying lesson! aaaggghh! Jesus what the f***! a flying lesson but I hate flying. The last time I flew I got to the gate and when boarding started I froze solid and couldn`t get on. What do I do? go and try it, or kindly shove the present back and get called an ungrateful ****? or theres always ebay.

Sponsored Links
Is it one of those antique planes held together with string and brown paper? Wind blowing your head away? Get them to fly upside down for a bit. After that a jumbo will be a doddle.

Come on, take the flying lesson! You will regret it later if you don't. In about 2 years you will be at a party, some guy will say "Hey, I flew a plane once" and all the women will flock to the fly-boy. If you say "I got a flying lesson, but didn't go cos I'm a big girls' blouse", they'll definitely not flock.

When you were at the gate getting on an airliner that was going to be 7 miles up. At least in a light aircraft you're only a few thousand feet: less far to fall ;)

But honestly, there really is little to be afraid of. You know in the movies when the engine stops on the plane and it starts screaming and plummeting towards the earth? Load of knackers. Let's say the engine dies. You are a few thousand feet up, so even if you can't get it restarted, you have a good few minutes to have a look at the countryside, find a nice big, flat, field on which to glide down to land. Of course the experienced instructor would do all this.

Summer is the best time of year to do it, no cloud. So you can go higher, the air is clearer, and you can see further.

Quite likely, you like to be in control. How uncomfortable do you feel if you are given a lift by a mate who thinks he has the skills of Schumacher, but is really as good as Maureen off driving school? Being a passenger is scary, but when you have the yoke in hand then you are the one in control. It's a lot less scary.

Come on, be a man! Do the lesson! Or we'll all have to start calling you "poofy Ian". ;)

I am scared of flying so one xmas my miss's bought me a lesson---sick bitch and i had to do it-----------ferkin absolutly best thing i ever done throwing the thing about the sky brilliant---------do it i promise you wont be disapointed its nothing like a passenger jet ride

Sponsored Links
As long as it's not the "Lucky Black Cat Flying School" you should be ok :D

My wife got me a Helicopter lesson one year :D

Day before the lesson, the local rag landed on the mat with a picture of the Helicopter on the Front page. Totally mangled following it's crash :eek:

Still, went up (different helicopter) had a blast! the instructers are so laid back. I was flying along F'ing high with the thing going from side to side and back and forth trying to control the damn thing, eventually the bottle starts to go, "you take it back" says I to instructor, "no, you're doing Ok!" 30 seconds later, bottle clattered onto the floor, hands folded "Take the sodding control". Took it back a bit later and was fine.

Go for it!!

Merv

I`ve actually found out its a choice of a session in a Cessna or a Ferrari, thank fck for that. Its definitely the V12 beast for me, plus it beats my 1.1 saxo! :LOL:

Ian84 said:
I`ve actually found out its a choice of a session in a Cessna or a Ferrari, thank fck for that. Its definitely the V12 beast for me, plus it beats my 1.1 saxo! :LOL:
Lets face it Ian, my old honda 90 would beat your saxo, and it had more street cred, just !! ;)

Scoby_Beasley said:
Ian84 said:
Lets face it Ian, my old honda 90 would beat your saxo, and it had more street cred, just !! ;)
NO,NO,NO never admit to having owned a C90! just say you had a go on one that a mate owned :LOL:

Ian84 said:

Wuss!

Allenm said:
(different helicopter)

That's a relief! Otherwise, you'd be in cartoonland where you could prang a copter one minute and be back flying it the next....

kendor said:
Scoby_Beasley said:
Ian84 said:
NO,NO,NO never admit to having owned a C90! just say you had a go on one that a mate owned :LOL:
Which I hasten to add belonged to my friend and I just had a go on it.
that do kendor ??

kendor said:
Scoby_Beasley said:
Ian84 said:
How's that Kendor ? Something like that huge girlfriend you did not want to be seen out with ?
:D :D :D :D :D

I've often wondered about the Cub-90: wouldn't it be cheaper and more effective to just carry a large sign saying "I am gay"? (obviously in the derogatory rather than the homosexual sense of the word).

Of course, given a choice between a C-90 and walking, the little Honda wins... no-one can see your face when you wear a helmet! :D Plus without the C-90 there would be no such thing as delivery pizza. A motorcycle magazine I used to read fitted nitrous to one and it lasted a minute or so with an estimated 40bhp until flames started licking out of the engine! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back