Its the coldest night of the year and my heatings packed up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm confused please help.

A have Pumped Indirect system powered by a Halson Boiler.

Last week I have CH but no HW, I now have HW but no CH.

After reading on this website I narrowed my HW problems to the zone valve. I set the valve to manual open, I then had hot water, I set the valve back to automatic and that seemed to cure the problem. I had HW and CH for the next few days, until tyhsi current cold snap.

I now have HW but no CH. I have changed the roomstat, I have checked the pump is working (I get HW so it must be). the programmer is working fine. I have also set the Zone value for CH to manual open.

When the system first came on the boiler fired up and rads came on, That was 3 hours ago the pump and boiler turned off and now nothing, and I'm geting very cold and confused.

Is the Zone value broken? if so why did the rads get hot when the HW was on? Or is there a problem with the the roomstat circuit if so how do I check?

Please can anyone help

Sponsored Links
stella266 said:
Is the Zone value broken? if so why did the rads get hot when the HW was on? Or is there a problem with the the roomstat circuit if so how do I check?

Please can anyone help

because when heating and hot water are on the motor in the valve doesn't have to move as far across to make its microswitch which holds the valve open in mid position. When the hw is satisfied the motor moves across to heating only (if the motor is still powerfull enough to make it) and makes another microswitch to fire the boiler.

thanks ollski

but I think my original desciption may have been missleeding,

I have a Honeywell S plan systen with two zone valves one for CH the Other for HW. I have manually opened the CH one. your answer sounded like you were talking about a 3 way valve.

Ill have a look anyway. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have changed the Actuator on the CH Zone Valve and now everything is working fine. Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back