ITV News Channel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ScreenHunter_050.jpg

Does anyone know when this happened, or why?

I tend to watch Sky News as a preference, but occaisionally like to vary it for a different viewpoint. Only Sky News and BBC 24 left now, on freeview at least....

Sponsored Links
Still think it's a shame. The BBC are, rightly or wrongly, perceived as being "in cahoots" with the current government (hmmm- covering their backs for license fees, perchance?) And some of the BBC coverage in the initial stages of the occupation of Iraq was nothing short of misleading wartime propoganda. Then, suddenly came the scandal of the events leading to the Hutton enquiry, and a complete about-turn. From that point on, I have been inclined to take BBC reporting with a pinch of salt as I do with the tabloid newspapers.

Hence, I always liked the fact that I had three 24hr news channels to choose from on TV. Now I only have two, and as I said earlier, I prefer Sky News to BBC News 24.

It's always best to get a broader view so you're not stuck with any particular producer's bias.

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
It's only the 24 hr news channel that's going so that more resources can be ploughed into the main bulletins.

Would it be far too cynical of me to think that maybe the resources are actually being ploughed into "X-factor", "Soapstar Superstar", and other such superficial sh*te, when what we could really do with is a trustable, independent news source?

Profit over priorities, methinks - or am I just getting old?

i always thought itn news was condecending, aiming the level of news as low as they can almost with the x factor mentallity

ninebob said:
kendor said:
It's only the 24 hr news channel that's going so that more resources can be ploughed into the main bulletins.

Would it be far too cynical of me to think that maybe the resources are actually being ploughed into "X-factor", "Soapstar Superstar", and other such superficial sh*te, when what we could really do with is a trustable, independent news source?

Profit over priorities, methinks - or am I just getting old?
as all tv companies these days, they are split into divisions that have their own budgets therefore LE (Light Entertainment)shows would be catered for from those departments and news is an entity of it's own. as budgets are very hard to come by these days you can bet your bottom dollar that itn news will not allow any of it to filter to other departments.

ninebob said:
ScreenHunter_050.jpg

Does anyone know when this happened, or why?

I tend to watch Sky News as a preference, but occaisionally like to vary it for a different viewpoint. Only Sky News and BBC 24 left now, on freeview at least....
I think you've answered your own question!...

too many people were doing the same.

Sponsored Links
Back