ITVx Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a call from F-i-L.

He wants to watch Mr Bates and The Post Office.

He is used to using BBC catch-up, so I talked him through pulling up the search system and typing in letters to search for it.

I used the search term "bat" then "post" then "vs".

Each time, I got a hit for the programme. Father-in-Law got every hit I got, except the one he wanted.

I can't explain that, can anyone else?

He'd love to watch the first show before the second tonight, but I'm stumped!

Sponsored Links
I didn't do that, but he did. However we searched, it came up on my TV, but not his!

Sponsored Links
Was he definitely in ITVX (and not in iPlayer)?
Get him to search for 'street' say... (Corrie)

If TV is a Freeview Play the 'backward EPG' ought to find it I'd expect.

TV make and model may be relevant? As ITV Hub to ITV X stopped catchup working on some devices.

He has a Panasonic Freeview Play TV.

I suggested he try to scroll back through the TV guide to the show he wants.

I couldn’t get ITVX app on my Panasonic Freeview play TV. I had to get it on my firestick but as said, if he has Freeview play, he should be able to go back on the EPG.

I suggested he try to scroll back through the TV guide to the show he wants.
I couldn’t get ITVX app on my Panasonic Freeview play TV. I had to get it on my firestick but as said, if he has Freeview play, he should be able to go back on the EPG.
Interesting, I've been looking at Panasonic TVs to buy. May have to have a rethink.

Well, that's the odd thing. He has ITVx on his Panasonic TV and can find all the programmes I can find except the one he wants!

I thought maybe if he was using a different transmitter to me it might make a difference, but he is using the same transmitter as me, Winter Hill.

Interesting, I've been looking at Panasonic TVs to buy. May have to have a rethink.
I think the new ones should be okay. Just that mine was a few years old and they stopped supporting upgrades or something. How old is your F-I-L's TV?

A year or 18 months. That's what I can't understand, he can load up ITVx no worries but he can't see that particular programme.

I'm beginning to think that maybe because the programme is available by going back through the EPG (it's a Freeview Play TV), it isn't listed on ITVx, but then surely the other episodes would be, assuming they are available before broadcast, IDK.

A year or 18 months. That's what I can't understand, he can load up ITVx no worries but he can't see that particular programme.

I'm beginning to think that maybe because the programme is available by going back through the EPG (it's a Freeview Play TV), it isn't listed on ITVx, but then surely the other episodes would be, assuming they are available before broadcast, IDK.
It’s comes up as the first programme in the search under 'most popular' on mine.

IMG_5944.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back