I've lost pressure in my shower after new install, help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a new shower enclosure, which meant re-tiling and taking the shower mixer tap off the wall. Before doing this everything worked fine and we had reasonable pressure in the shower (not great but good enough). I have not replaced the shower mixer or any pipes, I have just re-installed it as it was before.

During the work, I had to isolate both the hot and cold supply to the shower. The hot supply comes from the hot water cylinder and the cold from the header tank in the loft. The stop cock on the hot supply worked and I could isolate that. But the stop cock on the cold supply only turned a 1/4 and did not stop the cold water. I applied a bit of force but to no avail. I had to turn off the mains supply and drain the header tank before the cold supply to the shower was isolated. There is a shower pump installed in the loft to which both the cold and hot are connected but since we moved in (16 Nov 2012) the pump has never worked, it just stays off.

I am wondering if maybe the faulty stop cock on the cold supply may be partially blocked/closed and reducing the pressure to the shower. Other than that I am at a loss. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You are probably right. Either that or you've got dirt into the inlet filters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back