jaguar 28 boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i have a jaguar 28 combi boiler and its about 10 years old. the problem is this when i turn the hot water tap on the boiler fires up as it should but then it shuts off for about 5 secs , then fires up and runs for 5 secs then shuts off and repeats this cycle .we have the hot water temp set at 60 deg , but the hot water only gets to 36 . it also does this on the heating (fires up then cuts out 5 sec intervals ) but sometimes usually when it has been off for a while the heating will fire up for a longer period , we have had an engineer out and he changed the temp sensor on the diverter valve and the diaphrgm again with no luck .he then said it may be the pcb which i got on ebay and swapped but the same thing is happening . i was told it could be air in the system and explained that it does it on the hot water so air in the system shouldnt be the prob . can you please help many thanks wobbbies

Sponsored Links
we have had an engineer out and he changed the temp sensor on the diverter valve and the diaphrgm again with no luck .he then said it may be the pcb which i got on ebay and swapped but the same thing is happening . i was told it could be air in the system and explained that it does it on the hot water so air in the system shouldnt be the prob . can you please help many thanks wobbbies

I dont see how any engineer would expect changing those parts to solve your problem.

Its not helped if you have been buying dodgy parts on Ebay and fitting them yourself. Why did you do that and which PCB ?

I would say that you need a competent engineer! But it seems you just want to call complete nupties!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I agree tony.
Can't be an engineer. Maybe an installer but not an engineer.

I would be shot at dawn if I put all those parts on a custards boiler and it was still faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back