Potterton Puma 100

Sponsored Links
boilingmad said:
My Potterton Puma is driving me mad. I had it serviced before Christmas as pressure dropping was causing the heating to go off all the time. The plumber did not like servicing Pumas and said something about the wax valves. Since then we have had a loss of pressure almost every day and the heating does not come on until I add water to top up the system pressure ( red light goes off green light comes on). Then hot water gets excessively hot ( temp set quite low on boiler) and heating takes some time to come. Occasionally I see the hot water being discharged through the safety pipe outside.

Can anyone suggest anything to help ? Apologies for the terminology I'm a knitwear designer not a plumber. Much appreciated.

e mail DP ;)

Sponsored Links
Just changed Diverter Valve on 12 year old Potterton Puma 100.
Previously, the boiler struggled to quickly heat all rads, and on running bath / shower, on turning off the tap, the pilot would go out (boiler over heat).

Now, all rads heat quickly, can hear a roar of circulating water in the pipework, and hot water flows great without an initial lag. So this new valve has transformed the heating & DHW from what had been a state that had degraded so slowly over the years you couldn't rally tell.

Reason for the write up is that most blogs describe problems but rarely the before and after. I always look up on line prior a job, and didn't really find much conclusive on this one - other then that it was most likely the DV at fault.
Important when attempting this job is to have new fiber washers to hand. Otherwise just a slog.

The initial lag on these boilers is meant to happen have u fit the valve correctly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back