Potterton puma 80e CH not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton puma 80e Central Heating kicks in for a few seconds then shuts down. Burners light and everything gets hot above the diverter valve. Hot water works fine. Pressure relief pipe gets hot.
Any help would be greatfull.

Sponsored Links
I had exactly the same problem, hot water works fine but, CH does not work.....check all your hot water pipes, make sure they are not leaking...check hot water taps for any drips....slightest drip (as was in my case) causes the CH system not to work. I have been notified that potterton's are very sensitive to dripping hot water taps

Could be the diverter valve's stuck in the HW position. When the boiler comes on for the heating, does the flow pipe get hot? (written underneath which is which). DV is not easy to change!

Sponsored Links
Yes it was the diverter valve, I have managed to change it and everthing is fine now. Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back