potterton puma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could someone help i have a potterton puma the hot water works fine but if i put the central heating on and steam comes out of the PRV and the boiler locks out??????????
Many thanx
Alan

Sponsored Links
Stuck diverter valve?

Pump? - check the rotar using a flat bladed screwdiver and a small towel. Unless it is a Myson pump, in which case, power off, undo black knob and retract the spindle. Power on. Does it spin?

If yes, power off replace cap etc. - see first line.

If No, try turning, if it is jammed then try a little harder, but be ready to change the pump.

Start saving for new boiler.

holtender said:
Hi could someone help i have a potterton puma the hot water works fine but if i put the central heating on and steam comes out of the PRV and the boiler locks out??????????
Many thanx
Alan

needs a new wax capsule diverter valve you do

I am the yoda of boilers I am

:)

Where were you two days before Xmas when this happened to my next door neighbour you little green **** :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Thankfully I am the Obi Wan...

"You don't need your BG contract papers. You can go about your business. Heating on.!

Dah dah dah dah da dah da da dah. Deh deh deh de de deh de de deh.

God where's my beer gone?

Sponsored Links
I tell you where I was

I was trying to train that quitter Skywalker, drop out git, never passed his jedi exams he didnt

Yes, I know the b*gger; tried changing career from a blooming mechanic didn't he.

Didn't reckon on cr@p apprentice pay and Jedi council registration fee's.

You try and do a wage slave a favour and look what happens.

Know you do you how many applicants I get saying

"I have been using the forse for family and friends for a while now and would like to become a full time jedi so I paid for a "be a jedi in ten minutes" course at chessington and now bbelieve I cant kick the dark sides arse

I have found that you do need a mind for the mind control to work properly.

My jedi intuition tells me that mediCORGIans are not strong with these ones.

oh dear...

Dan_Robinson said:
I have found that you do need a mind for the mind control to work properly.

My jedi intuition tells me that mediCORGIans are not strong with these ones.

oh dear...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You win I have run out

quite tonight aint it, looks just me and u have no life matey

:LOL:

After the average week I have... I seldom have the energy for a soocial life, and the missus has been away for a 6 week trip home. So I have three choices.

Site work

Paper work

Forum.

Don't have the strength for much else. Effing busy at the moment too. Everyone wants new boilers.

Might have to put the rates up.... ;)

Had a good one Wednesday. Turned water off to flat on Monday. Removed tanks and got on with Combi conversion. Wednesday morning, note on flat door from people underneath:

"Fire brigade called at 5am this morning, water flooding through celing. They said the cylinder had split. Don't turn water back on."

No sh1t the cylinder split. I had taken a fist size hole out of the side with a reciprocator, emptied and put it in the hall. Seems the stop cock had started passing after TWO days of being fine.

Barsteward!

Still, got a load of work lined up from the floodees; so it can't all be bad!

holtender, I'd guess
80% chance it's your pump
30% diverter,
yes 10% both.

I would have expected that the problem occurs when the hot water use has finished and the DHW flow switch stays stuck on!

Tony

Always possible that the expansion vessel has burst and the steam is coming from hot water purged from the PRV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back