Jaguar CH Boiler Weird Noise/Vibration

And two years later you add to someone elses posting?

The Jaguar boiler is quite a nice little unit.

Pity your "plumber" does not understand them!

Tony

How about 3 years?! Am here as I've the same problem. Apart from the noise (I've tried Boiler silencer) the non functioning problem is that if water temp is set over 75 degrees - which the house needs in cold spells as no double glazing then it overheats and I have to press the red button inside on the left.

The boiler doesn't get used much by the way.

PS Am encouraged by your complimenting Jaguar but I've had silly problems with it - they even sent me a capacitor to put into the circuit board after a fuse kept going in early days. I had wanted a Worcester, would you compare them?

Sponsored Links
Yes I will compare them.

Jaguar is a Plumb Center branded Protherm CZ heap. Protherm are owned by Vaillant (but not marketed as such) and built for the budget led fitment. In other words, the type of customer who 'just wants the cheapest mate'.

Because of this, they tend to be installed by the cheapest fitters, for them it is a toss up between a Mr Central Heating Sabre or a Plumb Center Jaguar.

Worcester have the best customer service in the business and whilst their boilers may not in every case be the bestest, they are vastly superior to most, including the Jaguar. Installers and specifiers of better boilers usually have better working skills, because they are operating in the 'quality' end of the market.

Obviously this is a generalisation and there will be some competent installers of Protherms. Unfortunately the bad ones do not help the reliability reputation of the product by throwing them in.

If you have the resources, getting rid of it would be a sensible use of your money, especially as money in the bank earns nothing now.

We charge £840 to fit a boiler if its a Vaillant or a Jaguar.

The problem is that if someone pays £400 for a cheap boiler they dont expect to pay £840 to have it installer so they go to a nor reg who does the minimumm to get in fitted and working.

Cleaning the system by power flushing takes about five hours and uses £30 of chemicals so the cheapo installer does not do that and when the boiler goes wrong he does not answer his telephone number.

You get what you pay for!

A properly installed Jaguar on a clean system is a perfectly good boiler.

Fit it on a dirty system and the pump wears out its bearings, the pipework gets sludged up and the plate heat exchanger gets blocked.

Almost no body fits a cheap boiler properly!

A few years ago I met a landlord with 23 Biasi 24S boilers in his properties. He had realised that a clean system was essential and paid people by the hour to power flush them properly and supplied the chemicals.

After five years with his 23 boilers he had NONE of them fail from any sludge related faults. He had a couple of gas valves fail and I had to replace the first failed PCB !

Tony

A properly installed Jaguar on a clean system is a perfectly good boiler.

Tony

The Jaguar I have was fitted alongside a new central heating system in a house in 2000 - there wasn't any central heating before.

I am wondering how long they can be expected to last - it's used about 3 - 4 months of the year.

Sponsored Links
need to buy a new one!! My plumber said the Jaguar boilers are a pile of S**t. Recently inherited from new house and just spent a fortune on a flue extension for the conservatory. Good Luck!!

Jaguars are just as reliable as many new boilers. Unfortunately many engineers can't fix them. A new boiler sounds like a nice earner for your plumber. Would be interested to see this flue extension! I hope they removed the restrictor else it might keep locking out.

Does anyone know where I could get a reconditioned fan for a Jaguar 23Kw boiler. Price new is around £130, which seems a lot for what it is.

You see, you have the same "cheap" attitude towards your boiler.

If you had a Vaillant you would not baulk at paying £130 for a new fan!

As you have a cheap jaguar you want to put in a cheap "reconditioned" fan!

What do you think goes into "reconditioning" a boiler fan?

Tony

You see, you have the same "cheap" attitude towards your boiler.

If you had a Vaillant you would not baulk at paying £130 for a new fan!

As you have a cheap jaguar you want to put in a cheap "reconditioned" fan!

What do you think goes into "reconditioning" a boiler fan?

Tony

The reconditioned fan is just a stop gap till Jan when I'm getting a Vaillant boiler in

I don't buy or supply reconditioned parts so can't help. Manufacturers don't approve of them. £130 is about an average price for a fan these days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back