Java updates

L

longdogs

What exactly are these annoying update messages that appear on my screen day after day? As far as I can remember from my computer training, java is a computer language so how many updates do I need?
Do any of you download these updates when aked to or like me, do you just cancel them?

:evil:

Sponsored Links
if you cancel it then it will be back again the next time you switch on, and no i do not get them

Yes, in the end I do have to give in because they drive me mad popping up all the time.

Yes, in the end I do have to give in because they drive me mad popping up all the time.

Yes they should be updated. The "update" could actually be a patch to address security vulnerability in the pervious Java version, which can be exploited and you could get a virus / malware on your PC.

Sponsored Links
Its the run time engine (JRE) that is being updated, Java is an interpreted language, as opposed to compiled.

Its the run time engine (JRE) that is being updated, Java is an interpreted language, as opposed to compiled.

Havn't got a clue what you are on about but thanks anyway

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: its the doofah, that can understand programs written in Java, and run those programs what do stuff. There is obviously a new version of the doodah, wot can understand Java programs.

See... easy!! now to fathom twitter!!

Havn't got a clue what you are on about but thanks anyway

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: its the doofah, that can understand programs written in Java, and run those programs what do stuff. There is obviously a new version of the doodah, wot can understand Java programs.

See... easy!! now to fathom twitter!!

you have a wonderful way with words......swoon.... :p

forget twitter.......you wont look at it anyway :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back