Jehovahs Witness dies

Unless you follow the faith it is hard to understand why someone would do what they did.
I'm actually not religious but I can understand how deeply people can feel about their beliefs, we all i'm sure believe strongly in something and it's then hard for someone else to change that view.

Sponsored Links
I have belief in certain things, none of which involve letting yourself die.

They are strong beliefs, and I get a lot out of the meetings.... and of course I enjoy the friendship and meal afterwards!

David

I like to have evidence before I put my trust in something. :rolleyes:
That's fair enough Bahco That's the way you live your life, others have belief that that evidence is there for all to see except some can't see or will not allow themselves to see it.

Do you see what I mean, it's one persons viewpoint against anothers and no one should be allowed to change anothers viewpoint by force.

Sponsored Links
ok! Tim, fair enough, but hows about The Order of the Solar Temple mass suicide killed 102 people in two towns in Switzerland in October 1994, or The Heaven's Gate mass suicide occurred in a hilltop mansion near San Diego, California, in 1997. They believed an alien spaceship was following in the tail of the Comet Hale-Bopp and that killing themselves was necessary to reach it, and there was Waco.

ok! Tim, fair enough, but hows about The Order of the Solar Temple mass suicide killed 102 people in two towns in Switzerland in October 1994, or The Heaven's Gate mass suicide occurred in a hilltop mansion near San Diego, California, in 1997. They believed an alien spaceship was following in the tail of the Comet Hale-Bopp and that killing themselves was necessary to reach it.
thats a hard one, because there could be evidence that some were cojoiled into the suicide against their will, in that case its wrong but also a case of someone forcing their will on another, those that willingly commited suicide obviously believed strongly in what they did.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree because in my eyes that poor woman was
into thinking that she was doing the right thing.
but what makes you believe your view is the correct one?
because it's your view and i respect that.

shouldn't she have the same choice?

remember this thread is merely containing opinions whereas that case was a real life event, and the decisions made were not made lightly.

I strongly believe that everyones life is their own and what you do with that life is yours and yours alone to decide.

Unless you mean she was mentally unstable regarding making her own mind up?

If doctors are willing to stand back and watch a woman die because of her religious beliefs, surely the case for euthenasia needs to be re-evaluated.

Those poor kids.

And she was quite good looking. :(

I'd have wanted the transfusion. I respect JWs for their beliefs, all except this one. :(

exactly, euthanasia is a personal choice and those that wish it should be allowed access to it.

To me its terribly wrong for another person to direct how you live or die

Let me ask again, how would one feel if I was to force my opinion or will upon them?

It can be hard to understand for those that dont believe so strongly but its also a respect of ones wishes thats paramount here no matter how hard to allow it.

shouldn't she have the same choice?
I strongly believe that everyones life is their own and what you do with that life is yours and yours alone to decide.
not just about her tho, is it, the people around you are always effected by your actions, what choices do they have.
Don't we all have responsibilities to each other, isn't that society, so's we don't all go nuts and start killing each other.

Dont forget, this lady didnt want to die and didnt kill herself either. She was probably hoping blood expanders could of been a good alternative to a blood transfusion.

not just about her tho, is it, the people around you are always effected by your actions, what choices do they have.
Don't we all have responsibilities to each other, isn't that society, so's we don't all go nuts and start killing each other.
good point but it could also be looked upon as selfish same as you seem to imply she was.

In this case the children wont know they had a mother and may well grow up looking upon another family member as such.

Dont forget, this lady didnt want to die and didnt kill herself either. She was probably hoping blood expanders could of been a good alternative to a blood transfusion.
Thats a very interesting point that sort of puts the onus on why the doctors didnt try alternatives, unless those alternatives are also against her beliefs, then she must have understood the risks if they were to and indeed did arise.

Sponsored Links
Back