job pricing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked to quote on a large ish new / re-wire and they want a price for labour only on a per item basis. Does anyone know of a good reference for these prices as I've worked it out roughly on time but want to check against other sources. Thanks, Mark.

Sponsored Links
This is supposed to be a DIY forum.

You'd be better of going on the forum for the (Part P) organisation you are registered with. they will be much more willing to discuss prices in a closed forum. Rather than an open forum like this.

You could look here http://www.checkyourprice.co.uk/electrical-installation-cost/index.php#electricalcharges

Or get a copy of Spon's.

Ha, now we know, sparks have secrets about how they price their work. ;) That would explain why they are so expensive. What happened to openness and transparency :?:

This is supposed to be a DIY forum.

You'd be better of going on the forum for the (Part P) organisation you are registered with. they will be much more willing to discuss prices in a closed forum. Rather than an open forum like this.

You could look here http://www.checkyourprice.co.uk/electrical-installation-cost/index.php#electricalcharges

Or get a copy of Spon's.

Ha, now we know, sparks have secrets about how they price their work. ;) That would explain why they are so expensive. What happened to openness and transparency :?:

This harks back to one of my posts a couple of weeks ago regarding hourly rates for sparks. !!

Sponsored Links

I do not have a problem with providing pricing.
Let me know your project and i will come and survey what is required. I can then give you a quote. What can be fairer and more open than that?

The web site that i linked to gives prices for certain items.
There is no qualification on these prices.
For instance, this site says
"Adding a socket to existing wiring - £55"

This may be a valid price if the nearest existing working socket is nearby / on the other side of a stud or block wall. But what if the walls are concrete, what if the customer has put laminate flooring everywhere and you cannot lift floors?
What if there is no nearby socket and you have to run a new circuit from the consumer unit.
In those cases the price for that one socket could be more than £200.

The site says "Full re-wire labour only £1400-£2500 "

What if the house is fully furnished and the customer wants power at the end of each day? That is a different scenario to rewiring an empty house.

The OP wanted a reference for prices. Well there isnt one. A rewire in Chelsea is going to be much more expensive to the same job in Hull.

If you want a rough guide just Google "Electrician Pricing" and take your pick. There's no secrets its just that

If you cannot see it, you cannot quote it

I do not have a problem with providing pricing.
Let me know your project and i will come and survey what is required. I can then give you a quote. What can be fairer and more open than that?

The web site that i linked to gives prices for certain items.
There is no qualification on these prices.
For instance, this site says
"Adding a socket to existing wiring - £55"

This may be a valid price if the nearest existing working socket is nearby / on the other side of a stud or block wall. But what if the walls are concrete, what if the customer has put laminate flooring everywhere and you cannot lift floors?
What if there is no nearby socket and you have to run a new circuit from the consumer unit.
In those cases the price for that one socket could be more than £200.

The site says "Full re-wire labour only £1400-£2500 "

What if the house is fully furnished and the customer wants power at the end of each day? That is a different scenario to rewiring an empty house.

The OP wanted a reference for prices. Well there isnt one. A rewire in Chelsea is going to be much more expensive to the same job in Hull.

If you want a rough guide just Google "Electrician Pricing" and take your pick. There's no secrets its just that

If you cannot see it, you cannot quote it

Errrrr did you not see the ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back