job takers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: should job seekers b made 2 take any job to help pay there bills, , or should we keep paying them and hope they find work that suits them.

Sponsored Links
It annoys me that people on Jobseekers allowance have to apply to jobs to get their money, but don't have to take the job, even if sucessful in an application. IMO you shouldn't even apply to something you're not prepared to take up as it's a waste of the prospective employer's time and resources in the interviewing process.

As a self employed person I would take a part time job (in anything) if business was so slow I couldn't pay the bills. Unless I wound my business up I wouldn't be able to get jobseekers allowance as technically I'd be employed even if loosing money.
Everyone has to pay minimum wage now so surely even a local supermarket pushing trolleys would be better than dole money? meanwhile that person could look for a 'better' or more 'appropriate' job. Which is exaclty the same as they're be doing whilst on Jobseekers. If for some reason I decided to chuck in my self employed business completely, I still wouldn't go on the dole. I'd have lined up a job first, or bridge the gap with another 'inappropriate' job.
Maybe it's because I believe we should work for a living or some such silly notion :rolleyes:
don't get me wrong - I am NOT against benefits when they help the people who truly need it. My father died (only 42) when I was 9 with three younger siblings (youngest aged 1) and my mother didn't work then. Benefits were VERY important and made a huge difference, but she still took a part time job working from home so she didn't go on the Dole/job seekers allowance.
I work for my living and pay taxes and NI into the system so that if I myself in future, or anyone else genuinely needs financial help they get it. That's what the system's there for. If however someone has applied to several jobs, been successful, but doesn't like the particular job on offer then that's hard luck, at least they have been given the oppourtunity to work for their money. I bet these are the same people who complain foriegn workers are 'taking' all the jobs away from Brits when in fact it's just that we're getting to lazy to actually do any hard work?!?
Bet that's stirred up a whole heap of arguments!! :eek:

joboatbuilder, i'am with you ,i have only ever had one weeks dole in my 40 years of working ,i have been out of work in that time but always found a way of making a buck without thieving , and yes i would take the dole if i could not make -ends meet ,but i always managed without it,
i am glad it is there for those who need it ,but not for life if there is nowt wrong with you , , in my time i have worked in sewage and sewer's mines and many more unpleasent jobs ;) but i never though i was been put on, just got on with it till i had enough then got something eles ;) but there is those who will take the pi## i say a p### on them

Sponsored Links
He's trying to annoy you.

It's his hobby.

They spend everything they get (mainly on fags and booze) so the money they receive isn't actually 'lost' to the system (as it is when money is sent out of the country). This stimulate the economy and creates jobs. What an economy doesn't like is money leaving the money-go-round and money tied up doing nothing. Therefore, it isn't an overly great cost to anyone.

joe if they went to work they could still buy booze and fags and more would go into economy:cool: and i could retire early :LOL: :LOL:

IMO they dont have the attitude where they dont wanna work because they dont have to. They just think theyre too good for the jobs being offered to them.

I heard a clip on the radio the other day where they were interviewing a few people coming out the job centre. One chap they interviewed said they were holding out till they could get a job in plumbing :rolleyes:

rob884.if he could stop this rain i would give him a job in plumbing :LOL: but if not, he should stack shelves or push trollies :LOL: till that special job comes along and stop being a bum :rolleyes: :)

Sponsored Links
Back