Job

B

Bodd

Asking on GD rather than CC as I want a balanced view.

Had a call tonight from a older man.
He wants me to visit him and give him a estimate before I do any work.

He has a leak. He's insurance company and God knows who else trying to find this leak with no success.

But he wants an estimate on the cost something
I don't know what I'm fixing.

I said I cant work for nothing. Yet how can I charge him for say 3 hours work and find nothing as those before me.

Sounds a nice fella so want to help him.

You don't have to be a plumber to have an opinion

Sponsored Links
If it is a leak thermal camera would identify it relatively quickly.

A decent unit would be really helpful - even before any staining happened you should be able to see it.

You can also make it easier by blasting the heating then starting to investigate, the leak area will change temperature slower and be quite obvious.

I'll attach an example, this bath mat felt totally dry, but one side was a little wet.

Attachments

• FLIR0172.jpg
    FLIR0172.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
A decent unit would be really helpful - even before any staining happened you should be able to see it.

You can also make it easier by blasting the heating then starting to investigate, the leak area will change temperature slower and be quite obvious.

I'll attach an example, this bath mat felt totally dry, but one side was a little wet.

Have you got one?

I've got a thermal camera. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I done a call out today for a customer who had a leak, I gave him a price for track and trace and said that once I had diagnosed the problem I would then give him a price to fix.

Andy

I've got a thermal camera. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I done a call out today for a customer who had a leak, I gave him a price for track and trace and said that once I had diagnosed the problem I would then give him a price to fix.

Andy
I was about to text you as I know you have one but I can't remember why I know.

I could be there tomorrow afternoon if that helps.

Do you have any info of what and where the leak is from?

Andy

I could be there tomorrow afternoon if that helps.

Do you have any info of what and where the leak is from?

Andy

I'll call him first thing to let him know you will call him.

I'll explain to him that you will charge to investigate.

And that you don't negotiate ( edited I don't think I can explain myself for the next few hours)

Wait for it ...............

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back