John Cleese

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bodd

John Cleese has been branded “embarrassingly ghastly” after using a homophobic slur during an interview on Radio 4.

The actor appeared on the ‘Today’ programme on Tuesday when he used the antiquated term “poof” to describe his former ‘Monty Python’ co-star Graham Chapham.

Sponsored Links
I doubt Chapman would have minded.

I know you are quoting the article, Bodd, but why does it necessarily mean he is homophobic?
Accepting the misnomer, surely 'homo' is not acceptable, either.

Literally a fuss about nothing.

well for an ex comedian / comedic actor, he's a right miserable b*****d these days.

Sponsored Links
I doubt Chapman would have minded.

I know you are quoting the article, Bodd, but why does it necessarily mean he is homophobic?
Accepting the misnomer, surely 'homo' is not acceptable, either.

Literally a fuss about nothing.

Just a cut copied pasted

Recently read "So anyway", Graham was his best buddy so if he calls him that, it's not out of bigotry. Worlds gone mad, words you cant use anymore for fear of someone taking offense on someone else's behalf . Faggots, used to eat them with mashed potato's , poof. used to rest my feet on them, and who would own up to being good & gay if born on a Sunday ?

There's something i don't like about him but not this. Doubt he cares this late in his life. Still
wouldn't surprise me if they try to run him out the country the way things are going. Is the
thought police only a few decades away. Who's behind it? Who stands to profit? Useless Scheming
lawyers, that's who.

Cleese actually chose the word in context. I heard the article when it went out.
Chapman was his mate and reasonably open about being a "poof" when it wasn't that easy. The whole python crew didn't care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back