John Lennon 30 Yrs Today

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can remember 30 years ago like it was yesterday as I awoke up to hear that John Lennon had been shot. :(

He (and The Beatles) were my all time idols and it still saddens me that such a genius was robbed of his life. We too were robbed of more fantastic music from his creativity.

Anyone else remember this day 30 yrs ago and share your memories please.

Sponsored Links
He had the voice and thoughts of the ordinary people and if he were alive today he would be giving the warmongers a right run around. He would be very,very scary to world leaders.

I did technically exist on the day that John Lennon was murdered - but I was still 'in my mummy's tummy!' I am however a massive Beatles and John Lennon fan and it saddens me that anyone would take anyone elses life in the way that Mark Chapman did, let alone someone who was as talented and adored/admired by so many people around the world.

Such a fantastic songwriter with an incredibly strong (albeit it at times slightly wild) voice. His views were strong and he never hesitated to stand firmly behind his beliefs, irrespective of whether people agreed with him or not.

I often wonder what else he could have produced in the 30years that have now passed since he was taken prematurely from the world.

A true legend who will forever be missed.

RIP John Lennon.

He had the voice and thoughts of the ordinary people and if he were alive today he would be giving the warmongers a right run around. He would be very,very scary to world leaders.

Totally agree....hes was an amazing man

Sponsored Links
What i found sad was that he was just starting to make a big come back music wise,releasing new material then gone.

yeh remember the day well, but not as sad as my dad passing away 14 years ago on the same day :cry:

What a shame he's not around to prove that he wrote all the best songs and that Macca is actually a dim-wit.

Like all, Lennon had both good and bad points, some of his music was shyte but some was brilliant!

I just wonder what he would be up to now and what else he would have achieved had he not been taken?

"Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground"

"Imagine no possessions - it's easy if you try"

He wrote that on his multi-million pound Berkshire estate. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back