John Lewis (AEG) dishwasher door spring tension too tight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new John Lewis (AEG) dishwasher door spring is very tight. It just springs up. I've taken the sides off but can't see how to adjust the tension. Please help.
20240329_161749.jpg
20240329_161719.jpg

Sponsored Links
If its new be careful of upsetting the warranty.

And why not call John Lewis to get it sorted ?

My new John Lewis (AEG) dishwasher door spring is very tight. It just springs up. I've taken the sides off but can't see how to adjust the tension. Please help.

It's quite normal for a dishwasher door, to re-close with no weight on it. Does it still try to close when you pull a tray out onto the door?

Sponsored Links
It's an integrated dishwasher. The old one failed but as I'm having a new kitchen next month I went for a integrated one. I'm surprised that it needs a 2kg weight to hold it open (see picture below).
20240330_165612.jpg

Model is John Lewis JLBIDW1319. Thanks for your help.

That top end bit with the wings looks like it's designed to turn....
On my Bosch one the door just about stays down, but a flick with your toe and it comes up.

As Above, yours is missing a 19mm slab of chipboard door at the moment, is it not?
"
. For example
a 2400mm × 1200mm × 19mm panel will weigh approx-
imately 36kg
"

so 600 sq would be 36/8 = 4.5kg.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back