joining basin waste to shower waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
now doing final runs to stack on my bathroom refit - it will be far easier to join my basin waste into my shower waste (2 " pipe) - have an anti - vac trap for the basin - just wondered how likely it is that this configuration could cause problems later on - any advice appreciated. I can have seperate runs to the stack but unless there is a big advantage to doing so I'd rather join them.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it is 2" :confused:

If it is 1 1/2" cut the pipe and connect in a "T" , connect the shower pipe waste straight through then use 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" reducer to connect the basin waste to it.

Personally I would use solvent weld for this

sorry - should have made it clearer - my shower waste is in 50mm (apart from a small length of 40mm from trap) - my basin starts in 32mm and then goes up to 40mm - this would connect to the 50mm using a T on the way back to the stack.

Sponsored Links
Sounds good to me :D

Might be a bit cheaper if you can put the T in the 40mm and run the 32mm into that 2" fittings are a bit more expensive

But if you have already run the pipes then go with the 2" stuff

sounds a bit excessive to me but hey it should never block up :D

sorry - should have made it clearer - my shower waste is in 50mm (apart from a small length of 40mm from trap) - my basin starts in 32mm and then goes up to 40mm - this would connect to the 50mm using a T on the way back to the stack.

Sounds to me like you've got it spot on - this is how I'd do it

I've got the pipe and fittings already so shall go for it ! thanks for your help

My bath and basin share a horizontal 2" pipe running along the floor. The 1½" bath waste joins the 2" waste via a swept T.
I'm not saying it is the correct way, just how the house was built in 1978.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back