Joining co axial cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to join 2 co axial cables together externally.

Do I need to use a co axial plug on each end and join them into a connecter or is there an alternative fitting. :?:

A pic or link to one would be great

Sponsored Links
You do as you say...
and..
Method 1. a thin bead of silicone around the two connections and wrap in insulation tape.
or.
Method 2. there is a thing called a splice box, its full of a jelly like substance, you put your connections into this..soz i cant show a link to it

Latter method is more professional but if it is to be clipped around a wall, method 1 is preffered

Sponsored Links
A spade is a spade, regs can't change that. And for genger changer read gender bender, sounds less PC.

Rather than silicon, you may want try a "Self Amalgamating Tape" which seals to it's self and the cable. It is used by most aerial companies for outside connections and is 100% waterproof

I'm not sure if I can post a link to sites that sell it but if you search there are quite a few

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back