newbies tv aerial installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello can someone please give me some advise on fitting my tv aerial so i can watch tv in my bedroom since the reception from my portable aerial sucks and has done for the last 3 years :( .. just a few things i need help on ?

i'm externally mounting my aerial on the wall outside my house, and thinking of running a co-ax cable into my bedroom thru the exterior wall ? wat size drill bit shud i use ? any special type ? i only have a normal bosch hammer drill wud that do?

and shud i drill from the inside> out , or the other way round ?

plus i also want to flush fit a co-axial socket into the wall any advise on fitting wud be much appreciated :D thanks in advance !

Sponsored Links
The higher the better for an aerial. Can you get access to the loft? It may be best to get a pro in to fit the aerial.

i live in a 3 storey house, my bedrooms on the second floor ... i dont think its really possible to get acess to the loft ... besides which i want a cleanish install i dunt wanna see any wires runing about . :confused:

Sponsored Links
I know this isn't answering your main point, but drilling from the inside will cause a mess if your wall is roughcasted, if so drill from outside for a neater job but inspect the other side of where your going to drill. Hitting a cable would not be good!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back