Joist hole size for plastic pipe

Softus said:
No Bamber - I'm not going to entertain another session in which you warp a topic into an opportunity for abuse. Either you understand already, or you never will. That's my last post on this topic, so go ahead and do your worst.

Thought it might be.. out of your depth matey..not big enough to say ya don`t know............ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Bu**er - missed a chance to get abusive

next time, eh ?

Bamber, it's long past your bedtime

raden said:
Bu**er - missed a chance to get abusive

next time, eh ?

Bamber, it's long past your bedtime

You up ferrit Lad?... Gimmee yer best shot...:cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
No Bamber - I'm not going to entertain another session in which you warp a topic into an opportunity for abuse.

I`m not taking this opportunity to abuse anyone. Why does everyone on here especially regulars keep on banging on about how hurt they are about being abused.Yet all you snivelling cretins find it highly amusing to discover a person less knowledgeable than yourselves, & relish in your contempt of how ignorant they are outside of their particular field?

The Gormless Gobshites that are breakdown Engineers,& most of them **** bricks regarding condensing systems, are from the time that land forgot, & most service engineers couldn`t service my son`s pushbike.

You can warp this in to anything you like. You haven`t done it or been there & you never will so save your judgemental Bullshit for those who are interested in your worthless opinions (By the way, I`ve been there & done it );)

(Please excuse my spleen for being vented, I hate pretentious assholes).

As for not getting a level hole drilled through a joist has nobody got a angled drill with a cut down wood bit or auger.

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:35 am Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for not getting a level hole drilled through a joist has nobody got a angled drill with a cut down wood bit or auger.

ah it is so good to see a sensible answer from someone with a bit of experience :LOL: :LOL:

You can get one of those angled attachments at B&Q for less than £30. I've got one - not even a need to cut down the drill shank.

namsag said:

Yep, try doing it, feeding a 3 metre copper/plastic pipe through 8 joists (avoiding electric cables) by the way, you may have to chop your copper/plastic into tiny little lengths then solder/pushfit them to fit through your neat little holes ;)

Oh & after ripping up every floorboard right across the room/rooms to access every single joist....hope that`s a sensible enough answer for you Bripl ;)

Have a look at a table like this first:- http://www.zurich.co.uk/NR/rdonlyre...-0C6B2CD53EED/0/NotchingDrilling107780A02.pdf and make sure your holes or notches are in the 'permitted zones'
Holes should be at right angles, so consider buying/hiring a right angled drill/adaptor.
About 22mm should give enough clearance to get the pipe in there, but the first hole may be a bit tight if you have to bend the pipe from above a joist to get it in there.
Consider protecting the end of the pipe that will ultimately go into a pipe fitting, as any scrapes on the wall there may compromise the seal on the fitting (and you may end up with a pipe full of sawdust!)

bripl said:
never heard of soft copper? comes in 25m coils just as easy as plastic but will last longer :LOL: do not buy the newer angle adaptors as they cannot handle the loads.the correct drill is a makita
http://diytools.com/store/detail.asp?productid=58732[/QUOTE]

Ever installed it? Don`t care wether it`s copper or cast iron mate, you are talking *******s, you have probably never got your hands dirty in your life so don`t tell me how to install ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back