Jungle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garden is like jungle. It is overgrown with weeds, grass, shrubs, bushes and other types of vegetation.

Recently I tried to clear the garden, but find that the ground was too hard to turn the soil, and broke my pitch-fork.

Need a quick solution to clear the garden of everything. Was thinking about getting a chain-saw and cutting the ground to make it is easier to turn the soil and de-weed!!.

Any suggestions???

Sponsored Links
Using a chainsaw on the ground will just blunt the chainsaw.

If you broke the pitchfork, was it because you were trying to turn as much earth as you can in one go to try and do a quick job?

Get some secateurs and cut all the shrubs, bushes etc down to a manageable level. Use some gloves to pull all the weeds out.

Hire a skip if its that bad, and you can just dump all the waste straight in.
Then once youve cleared most of the junk away you can then see what needs doing

You can get a hand held machine that churns even the most hardest soil up. i don't know the name of the machine but i know its in garden centers or B and Q. it has 2 blades that a jagged and its the size of a strimmer.

Sponsored Links
You can hire petrol rotavators that you push around too if its a huge garden, it does have a habit of skidding across hard ground though and dragging you into the nearest set of bushes!

TRUPC001.jpg

What if i start off by using a pickaxe... will this be good enough to turn the soil?[/list]

go the whole hog and try a jackhammer or even a jcb or TNT even??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back