just moved in. radiators are only lukewarm.help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
our central heating is only lukewarm,even with thermostat on high (30 degrees). is the thermostat faulty or is the problem more serious? we don`t know how long the systems been installed.any help appreciated.
thanks ben.

Sponsored Links
Probably the water pressure in the radiators is too low. There should be a pressure dial somewhere on the boiler. I'm afraid I don't know how you top it up, the guy who services our boiler does that every now and then, when and if it needs topping up.

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Have you thought to have a look at the boilers setting? A dial there goes from 0 to 6, 2 is ample for the summer and 4 for the winter. I suspect yours will be set at 2

The pressure in the system has no direct effect on the water temprature. If the pressure is too low the boiler will not even fire up. Make sure that the boiler thermostat ( if Fitted ) is turned up to the correct level. you can try turning off the rad in the room that has the stat in it and see if the system then heats to the correct temprature. If it does then suspect the room stat.

Sponsored Links
"The pressure in the system has no direct effect on the water temperature" - then why pressurize the system? Do they not do this to increase the boiling point of the water, thus allowing you to have a higher temperature of the radiators than it would otherwise be?

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Your heating system will NEVER get to 100 deg. centigrade. Never ever ever. As water heats up it expands ( boyles law ). There has to be pressure in the system so that the water will be forced up the pipework into your rads. Also how would you bleed the system if there is no pressure to force the air out.
The temp. of the heating water is controlled by a thermostat. It should be a room stat ( new regs ) but the boiler stat will keep the system at the correct temp.
We are only trying to help here and do our best.

am i thick or what???
checked boiler,dial was set on minimum.problem solved,warm as toast.thanks for the help!!
bodgerben

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back