JVC DVL150 pin outs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old JVC DVL150 camcorder which it seems can be connected using RS232C with a cable which camera end has a 3.5mm jack plug. However I don't know the pin outs so although I have some old cables which may work I have no way to work out what pins go where don't even know if 2, 3, or 4 wire jack plug.
I will guess 3 wire connection. It also has S, and AV outputs not sure on AV which is the sound connection and firewire. For stand alone hard drive great I have firewire but on PC I have not go this option.
The machine has a problem recording keeps saying needs head cleaning but I wanted to use as a webcam as it has a 10x optical zoom.

Sponsored Links
The RS232 connection is only needed if you are driving the camera from some capture software. It makes the camera shuttle back and forth to the timecode points before capturing each sequence of rushes.

Video and audio transfer in to the PC is via a mini FireWire connection.

Playing out to a TV or basic USB capture device is done via the jack cable: 4 pole 3.5mm jack to 3x phono composite, and stereo audio. S-video is a separate cable.

I found a cable but am guessing I need a driver of some sort. For converting to DVD it was not a problem did not use PC I used stand alone hard-drive/DVD recorder but the camera will no longer record it reports needs head cleaning tape which when used did not make it any better.

So want to use as webcam. No fire wire on PC but does have RC232 so hoped I could use with that but software can't find camera.

You need to fit a Firewire PCI card to your computer. If that's not possible then you'll have to use a different computer.

I also have a faulty camcorder, which I tested as a web cam. It worked fine via Firewire.

Sponsored Links
So want to use as webcam. No fire wire on PC but does have RC232 so hoped I could use with that but software can't find camera.
RS232c is for comms and control, not AV signals.

Whay not just buy a proper web cam and a USB port multiplier if you are short of sockets?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back