Karcher pressure washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is just a warning to anyone who owns a Karcher pressure washer or anyone considering buying one.

I've just had to replace the hose on one of their high end pressure washers because the thread at the unit end had worn. The hose supplied with the washer has a plastic thread whereas the replacement hose has a metal thread.

I emailed Karcher and they replied as follows ...

"our technical team said the plastic end on the hoses are part of the package and there are still many, many out there on the older machines, and not all of the replacement hoses come with a metal end.

I guess I'm lucky to get a replacement hose with a metal thread. I'm expecting it to be much more resilient than the plastic one.

It does beg the question why they knowingly supply inferior parts.

My advice would be to go check out your thread. If it fails outside of the warranty period then a replacement hose could cost you in the region of £100.

Sponsored Links
Nowt wrong with mine.

And at the price i paid, i'm more than happy.

Work for the competition do you?

My point is I think that for one of the more powerful Karcher pressure washers a plastic thread is probably inadequate. My washer might be a one-off but Karcher must be aware of an issue to have made a replacement part that is better quality.

I ended up paying for a replacement part and I just wanted to highlight to other Karcher users to go check their washer. If I'd checked mine regularly I would probably have found the fault before the warranty was up.

Potential Karcher customers might want to check the thread before they buy.

I'm more than happy with the washer and got it at a good price also.

Sponsored Links
Mine's got a plastic thread on it. I bet it's 10 years old now. Like alumni nowt wrong with mine either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back