Kenmore Series Plus 90 -- No Spin and No Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother-in-law busted my washing machine!

Apparently, she loaded the machine and started the cleaning cycle. Upon returing, there was water all over the basement floor.

The drum was full of water. I bailed out the water with only 1 - 2 inches remaining in bottom of drum. The machine will start a cycle and fill with water, but will not spin. I hear a motor humming sound, but no spinning or draining.

I have checked drain hose and bottom of drum -- no blockages. Please provide an additional, chronological checklist to determine problem.

If the motor is locked up, what is the best way to remove the cover to access the motor?

Also, should I send my mother-in-law a bill!?

Thanks for your help.

Tomcat

Sponsored Links
tomcat said:
My mother-in-law busted my washing machine!

Apparently, she loaded the machine and started the cleaning cycle. Upon returing, there was water all over the basement floor.

The drum was full of water. I bailed out the water with only 1 - 2 inches remaining in bottom of drum. The machine will start a cycle and fill with water, but will not spin. I hear a motor humming sound, but no spinning or draining.

I have checked drain hose and bottom of drum -- no blockages. Please provide an additional, chronological checklist to determine problem.

If the motor is locked up, what is the best way to remove the cover to access the motor?

Also, should I send my mother-in-law a bill!?

Thanks for your help.

Tomcat
Chronological checklist

Yes, charge her for a new machine!

end of checklist

I have a similar problem, only it is not a mother in law issue. The washer would not crunch the clothes during the washing cycle, it spins ok during the spin cycle though. Just makes noise during the wash and does nothing much else but slightly jiggle the clothes. Anything I can do?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back