KESTON C36 COMBI BOILER (water temp')

We have never had the hot water flow rate quoted to us in litres per minute.

The boiler can only heat about 10 litres per minute to hot hand temp at a hot tap.

While running the tap at max see what the gas meter is doing. If a cu ft meter measure the secs to do a full rev of the test dial ( thats wthout any other gas appliances in use ).

If a metric meter measure the two indexs two min apart to ALL the places of decimals.

Tony

Stupid iPhone deleted everything I just wrote, here I got again...

The boiler can squeeze about 14 leters per min.

I personally wouldn't have put it to low gas as surely the heating would also be affected? Granted the hot water has a higher demand due to the boiler going flat out but even so I would expect howling noises or explosive ignition due to incorrect combustion settings.

I'm betting it's the diverter valve which a simple capacitor change would fix

Sponsored Links
I did that and......

1. 4 - hot water temp' = 6
2. 5 - Boiler pressure = 1.1
3. 8 - Flow rate = 93

that pipe nearest the boiler isn't getting warm. It's hard to tell for certain, but it seems to be about room pemp'..

Nat

I would strongly recommend giving keston a call on 0208 462 0262 and selecting option 2 (after sales) say your boiler is under warranty (if it is 2 years old) and saying you need an engineer for what i believe is a diverter valve.

If you do, do the above could you let me know so i can keep tabs on its progress and report back to the forum what the fault was as this seems like a very strange case.

after all of this I bet its just a dodgy DHW thermistor...

Sponsored Links
ask for a reference number should 3282xxxx or something like that

sound like its not firing up on hot water,ask keston to attend,possible
faulty capacitor that drives the diverter motor,is faulty and sent power surge to the control box and buggered that too.
always thought keston c36 would better whith inline fuse between capacitor and control board

sound like its not firing up on hot water,ask keston to attend,possible
faulty capacitor that drives the diverter motor,is faulty and sent power surge to the control box and b*****r that too.
always thought keston c36 would better whith inline fuse between capacitor and control board

the new ones are bigger and the legs on them are resisters under the black sleeve

Herefordshire is about 120 miles away from Hertfordshire !

"X"-Keston might imply that he has retired from Keston?

Thats assuming its a firm where you join and stay until you retire.

Tony

It was the flow rate all along!

I just had a engineer here and we turned on the hot just a little and the water was piping hot, gradually turning the tap higher and was much warmer.

I know more than one person on here suggested this, and I thought I did it, but there we are.

Had this fault last week in IPSWICH!!! on the back plate of the boiler, bottom right hand side, is a wiring loom, in the loom is an in-line capacitor, that powers the Diverter Valve motor, After phonong KESTON from site (spent ages tearing my hair out -whats left of it!) Keston informed me that the capacitor needed replacing, as without the Diverter valve won't shunt to HW, ordered a replacement, -the new one is Twice the size of the old one?? wired it in boiler works a treat!!! (Worth a try?) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back