Keston Celsius 25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I realise that these words will cause terror to many and I unfortunately own a Westbury 3 year old house. I have read a few articles on the boiler and all state clearly that it regularly breaks down they would not touch with a bargepole!

My current problem involves the waterflow (red) light flashing. The boiler was serviced (ironically) last week but all the engineer did was suggest that the water pump needed replacing. The boiler was making no noises back then, but has now decided to create a bang noise every so often, and a sucking noise.

Is it worth getting a new pump, or should I just dump it now and get a reliable boiler?

thanks
David

Sponsored Links
How is the water pressure in the central heating system??

I am sure low pressure would cause your red light to flash!

I dealt with one showing the same fault as yours (I think)red diagnostic light flashing every two seconds?
A quick check showed that the condensate trap was almost fully blocked with sediment. Cleaned this out and the fault -which was intermittent- has not recurred in over 12 months.

Sponsored Links
The Celsius has been discontinued, but they had managed to iron out all the problems, then dropped it because of a better design was coming in with a superb functionality : a dual temperature and weather compensated boiler. The Qudos.

Must have been a big iron.

Wouldn't touch Keston with yours. Now part of the infamous Ideal group.

My advice would be (assuming you intend to keep the property in excess of 12 months) to scrap the Keston - or offer it, duly ironed, to Doctor Drivel - and fit a quality boiler. You will regret keeping it, they are pony and will cost you a fortune.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back