Keston Qudos 28s - No pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into a house with a Keston Qudos 28s.
Has been working OKish for a year (sometimes hasn't turned on)
Now, I have error codes E67 and E26, both relating to low pressure.

I have found on another floor next to the immersion heater what appears to be a top up loop.
When I open it, I can get the pressure to above 1 bar (shown on the LCD display), but it slowly goes back to 0.

The pressure relief value on the boiler feels a bit funny to turn so i am guessing it could be this is broken?
Am I correct in thinking that these should be sprung, as it doesn't feel like it?

Anything else it could be?
The manual refers to the correct topping up procedure but doesn't mention what that is.

I've highlighted what I assume is the top up loop.

Attachments

• loop.jpg
    loop.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Oh no Rubybish you will have the self important crawling all over their downloaded regulations books...a naked boiler in the hands of a mere mortal... I suspect they are all having a lie down until nurse arrives with their meds..

The PRV will feel funny to turn its not a valve in the traditional sense , it has a spring that actually works the valve without knowing the type of valve fitted it could be a adjustable one or fixed pressure one. But once triggered that can be a b ugger to reset themselves.

Firstly I would check that water is not now leaking passed the prv, you will need to find where the pipe attached to the prv goes and look for out flow. Pressurise the system by turning on the valve below the pressure dial next to the tank and then the valve on the cold water feed nad then check the prv exit pipe for drippage.

Wth a bit of pressure bleed all the rads, make sure that you do it when the system is off.

Lets see where that gets to.

You shouldnt have removed the casing on that boiler, it performs the combustion seal, turn it off and get someone who is qualified to work on this, it is against site rules to advise you , this is gas related

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
You shouldnt have removed the casing on that boiler, it performs the combustion seal, turn it off and get someone who is qualified to work on this, it is against site rules to advise you , this is gas related
How do you know he removed it....

Sponsored Links
Because it never removed itself
The three rusty thumb screws (one missing) that hold on the state of the art 'combustion seal' all failed simultaneously.
Am I allowed to put it in back on?

The three rusty thumb screws (one missing) that hold on the state of the art 'combustion seal' all failed simultaneously.
Am I allowed to put it in back on?
sadly you have a very poor boiler, they are notorious for that exact symptom, I know you inherited it, but you really shouldnt be operating it with the casing removed, it is a competition between Keston and Ferroli to win the worst boiler manufacturer competition

• Thanks
Do you know what year this model was produced/installed?
My first thought were this is something that needs to replaced regardless of the current issue.

Do you know what year this model was produced/installed?
My first thought were this is something that needs to replaced regardless of the current issue.
if you post the boilers serial number somone will be able to date it for you, if it was my house Iwould definately replace it

• Thanks
if you post the boilers serial number somone will be able to date it for you, if it was my house Iwould definately replace it
Not many makers of twin flue boilers so it depends where its been shoved, could be a pig to swap out.

Not many makers of twin flue boilers so it depends where its been shoved, could be a pig to swap out.

Its relatively accessible, however the current boiler is 28cm in depth in a cupboard of 31.5cm depth, so possibly the depth could limit the choice of replacement without building work?

Serial is a sticker with 2 numbers:
GC No: 41 -930-17
S No: 3412 (hand written)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back