KFB 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Still a problem . HAVE BEEN HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY KFB50 (GLOWORM) BOILER. HAVE REPLACED PCB AND PILOT ASSEMBLY UNIT.I HAVE ALL 4 NEON LIGHTS LIT ON PCB AND PILOT IS SPARKING BUT WILL NOT IGNITE. NOVICE TOTALLY STUCK . ANYONE ANY IDEAS PLEASEEE!

:oops: :?: :(

Sponsored Links
Key word is NOVICE..........get someone who knows what they are doing.

you have already wasted money on unecessary parts and I suspect its the usual common problem with these in that the pilot is blocked or the electrode cracks, something that would have been sorted for a £40 call out.

Yes have checked for gas and removed pilot assembly.Cleaned jet and checked electrode which has a good spark. The pcb board was changed as there was a short on the board and only 1 of the neon lights was lit. As I have stated all 4 lights are on and the only conclusion I can make is the problem lies with the gas valve. Have an engineer coming at 4pm. Thanks for your comments If you could suggest anything else I am always grateful for any help from this excellent site. :cry:

Sponsored Links
If you have read my previous questions ,I have a problem with my glow_worm KFB50 boiler. originally pcb had shorted now replaced, as only 2 neon lights were lit. Replaced pilot assembly which was faulty, 4 neon lights lit on pcb and boiler fires up. water is getting hot and heating on.when water reaches temp. it stops but fails to fire up again. any advice would be welcome
thankssss! :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back