Kichen units vinyl wrap adhesive failing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Monza high-gloss white kitchen is only just 3 years old. We are a household of two people and the kitchen does not get heavy use. I am shocked to find the gloss vinyl wrap is suddenly failing in almost every door and drawer front. It is peeling away. Not water or high heat or abuse can be blamed for this. Surely it should last a lot longer than 3 years! In our last house the vinyl wrap fronts are still going strong after more than 10 years. Our dealer says the manufacturer wont do anything as it is out of guarantee. Anyone else had this problem? Any advice how to deal with it?

Sponsored Links
The dealer quoted £114 to replace one door! To replace 10 doors and 10 drawer fronts would be very costly.

Try a local kitchen fixer. He/she may be able to find similar doors at less cost. Your Dealer will fit the same doors which have proved of poor quality. You could, of course, try Trading Standards, the doors should last longer but you may have to prove that the damage is due to faulty workmanship and not misuse.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mink, the problem would appear to be the adhesive used on the High Gloss vinyl failing, there could be many reasons for it happening, damp etc. however the replacement cost is horrendous.

If you are still looking for replacement doors send a pic by email fao Les to our website link www.lannervale.co.uk or by post (We manufacture so may be able to assist you - and a lot less expensive than the door quoted)

Good luck

Hi Mink, the problem would appear to be the adhesive used on the High Gloss vinyl failing, there could be many reasons for it happening, damp etc. however the replacement cost is horrendous.

If you are still looking for replacement doors send a pic by email fao Les to our website link www.lannervale.co.uk or by post (We manufacture so may be able to assist you - and a lot less expensive than the door quoted)

Good luck

Thanks for this information. However, have since learned that mine is not the only Monza that failed. The manufacturer has acknowledged there was a fault in manufacture when adhesive appplication failed to work during the process. Happy to report they are replacing the doors free of charge, though I will pick up half the cost of refitting, in a deal done with the supplier. Not 100% pleased with that, but it is a small price to pay.

Hi again, I don't know how many doors you have got but if you allow 5 minutes to replace a door (using the old door as a template for your handle position) a 50% charge seems to be a bit steep, Check with the manufacturer they may well be paying the retailer / fitters costs
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back