Kids.. 'n' .. batteries?

S

Sombrero

How many of you have kids... and if so, how do you keep up with batteries?!!!

Wii controllers; PS3 controllers; Xbox controllers; walkie talkies; game flashy things;... etc etc..

How on earth does one keep up with it?

Are re-chargeables any good? pound for pound?

Sponsored Links
nightmare aint it,i own 3 boys,like you constantly paying out.
i look for deals at the supermarkets or local weekly markets,
1 thing i have found is its a total waste of money buying the cheapys from poundland etc.only use the copper coloured top versions.

nightmare aint it,i own 3 boys,like you constantly paying out.
i look for deals at the supermarkets or local weekly markets,
1 thing i have found is its a total waste of money buying the cheapys from poundland etc.only use the copper coloured top versions.

Lol, the cheap ones are great, because you can hand out 3 new batteries and off they trot... happy for the next half an hour...

I did buy a bulk lot from screwfix, but rather than being cheap it cost a fortune for a small box to be delivered !

So are re-chargeables any good?!

Usually get 4 energizer rechargeables and charger from Wilko or the like, for less than a tenner. Buy a couple each christmas.

Trouble is, you quickly run out of sockets to plug them all into!

Sponsored Links
Usually get 4 energizer rechargeables and charger from Wilko or the like, for less than a tenner. Buy a couple each christmas.

Trouble is, you quickly run out of sockets to plug them all into!

Do they keep the power Brig? (sir!)

I only use Duracell high power AA batteries for my cordless mikes. Tried rechargeable batteries, but they don't last as long. Always have 4 fresh batteries in the case though when I'm out gigging. ;) ;)

I only use Duracell high power AA batteries for my cordless mikes. Tried rechargeable batteries, but they don't last as long. Always have 4 fresh batteries in the case though when I'm out gigging. ;) ;)

Are you Beardyman? (or anywhere near as famous?)

I have 3 boys too.

I find rechargeables cost an arm and a leg.

The main reason for this is because despite severe and repeated training, they keep throwing the b*ggers away!

Other than that, they're fine.

I have 3 boys too.

The main reason for this is because despite severe and repeated training, they keep throwing the b*ggers away!

tell them they wont get any new batteries without handing in the old ones :D
number the batteries and note the ones in use

I have 3 boys too.

Have nothing other than rechargeables, then the position is clear. 3 boys as well. (it was my ex that used to throw them away, she's not the sharpest tool in the box)

Rechargeable and give them each 2 sets and a charger and tell them exactly where it must be used & how. (in the kitchen - not the bedroom).

That way they dont come back & bother you.

I did have a lot of C cells but the wife kept pinching them ? ;)

Having a small child myself I have come across this problem.
I only use rechargeables and swear by them.
Make sure you go for a high miliamp though as they last a lot longer (but cost a little more).
for exampe: if buying AA's go for at least 1800ma put preferably over 2000ma.
You could find them in a pound shop with 550ma but these are absolutely useless unless in something like a tv remote.

Having a small child myself I have come across this problem.
I only use rechargeables and swear by them.
Make sure you go for a high miliamp though as they last a lot longer (but cost a little more).
for exampe: if buying AA's go for at least 1800ma put preferably over 2000ma.
You could find them in a pound shop with 550ma but these are absolutely useless unless in something like a tv remote.

Concur with that I have quite a few unicell 3800mAh AA. last ages, as long as they aren't binned!!

Sponsored Links
Back